Question about Sponsors

piper
on 5/6/08 3:41 am
Hello everyone,  I was wondering if someone could explain to me how the whole sponsor thing in AA works? How do you find one? What are the responsiblities of the sponsor. Do you meet them at a meeting everyday when you are newly sober? Any info is appreciated.
pokeybooth
on 5/6/08 1:26 pm, edited 5/6/08 1:28 pm - bossier city, LA
A Sponsor is like a advisor of sorts. Everyone does this a little different but I think you should talk to your sponsor regularly when newly sober. Some people have Sponsors that live in  another town. The key to me is to have someone that is available when you need to talk or ask a Question. Also in my opinion a good sponsor will guide you in making decisions, not make them for you. The Big Book doesn't touch on this subject because the concept came along after it was printed. A good Sponsor is a key tool in any 12 step program. I think you should look for a sponsor that has quality sobriety and peice of mind that is knowledgeable about the program. Good Luck and God Bless
Curious G.
on 5/6/08 9:53 pm - Peachtree City, GA

Here's a great link on sponsorship!

http://12-steps-recovery.com/resources/sponsors/ love and light, Michelle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views