Therapy assessment ? Need responses ASAP

Loril
on 4/22/08 2:59 am - Hopkins, MN
I am going tonight after work to a professional for assessment.  She specializes in problems after WLS.  I have never been in therapy (nor needed it til now) and do not know what I should share with her...besides the truth of course.  But was wondering about some insight.  My issues mostly are replacing alcohol where I used to use food for coping with stress.  And like I used to binge with food, am now with beer!  Just looking for some advice or your personal story with seeking help AFTER wls.  Thanks.  Lori

Lori at Goal  

RNY October 2004

Patricia R.
on 4/22/08 6:53 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Lori, How did it go?  I did not read this until after you went?  I have been in therapy for a very long time and have learned that it is a process of learning to trust.  But, be honest about your drinking and drug use.  I will write more later. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views