In Patient vs. Out Patient Therapy - PLEASE HELP

Telbereth
on 4/16/08 5:36 am - SW , MO
Ok, I looking at some major retooling of my lifestyle for alcohol problems.  20 years ago I did 28 days inpatient treatment.  Today I can't find hardly any inpatient facilities and the insurance only covers 20 days.   What suggestions do you have to maximize the time I have under the insurance? Thanks in advance, T 
Beginning My Real Life

A Work in Progress

Jess B
on 4/16/08 7:57 am - Simpsonville, SC
I was addicted to oxycodone for about a year I went into a 6 day detox progam and it was great I have been clean for over a year now.
Patricia R.
on 4/16/08 9:36 am - Perry, MI
How much and how often do you drink?  Do you need help in detoxing?   There are intensive outpatient programs that are several hours a day, several days a week, which could be helpful.  You might want to speak to a therapist, and find out what is in your best interest. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Telbereth
on 4/17/08 4:36 am - SW , MO
I believe the correct responses would be:  too much, too often, & no I don't need medical help detoxing (done it often enough this past year that nausea and the shakes seem normal any more). I have seen a counselor preivously but am looking to step it up.  Have some interviews planned this week but was also looking for some real world comments and opinions. Thanks, T
Beginning My Real Life

A Work in Progress

jillysue
on 4/17/08 7:09 am - Northern, MI
Hi T- Congrats on deciding to retool the alcohol problems:) I did not go to rehab when I got sober ten years ago. Thinking back now or, God forbid, I had to do it again......I'd go inpt...just to get the real intensive learning opportunity. I bet alot can be done in 20 days!  You can do this! One Day at a Time!

One Day at a Time
Jill

Highest 288/Consult 282/Preop 275/current 150/goal ?????

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views