Everything but.....

Patricia R.
on 4/10/08 10:03 am - Perry, MI
I have been doing much better the past week, even though I have not been to meetings.  I have been sick with bronchitis and cellulitis.  My doctor says the cellulitis looks better, which is good, because it still looks pretty ugly to me.  The usual treatment for it is rest, keeping the leg elevated and antibiotics.  Working all day, leaves me evenings to elevate it.   So, I have been doubling up on my readings, prayer, meditation, and journaling.  This has helped me with my mood and my mental sobriety.  However, I have yet to call my sponsor.  I am too embarassed to call her.  I feel stupid for drinking last week.   So, tonight, I had a temptation to drink, but I thought it through and realized I did not need it.  I am in a good place this week,  have been doing my self-soothing a lot more, and have been taking better care of myself than I had been in a long time.   When I get over the cellulitis completely, I will get back to meetings.   Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Curious G.
on 4/10/08 8:27 pm - Peachtree City, GA
I'm so glad you are feeling better! I'm always hesitant to call my sponsor too when I've "been bad".  When I do finally get around to it, she always surprises me (not sure why it's a surprise) with her compassion and love.  She's been there and done that to just about anything I can do.  I lucked out and got a sponsor who's also battled eating disorder issues for the past 20 years too.  My only qualm is that she is a flight attendant for a private company and is gone a lot - I might need a co-sponsor at this stage of my sobriety. I did two meetings yesterday - it really helped my state of mind.  I don't know HOW they soothe me so, but they sure do. I hope your cellulitis heals up quickly so you can get some of that "good medicine". Loving you! Love and light, m
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

marieh
on 4/12/08 9:34 am - So. Easton, MA
Trish, I'm sorry about the cellulitis and bronchitis! I hope you'll feel better soon! If you're still wavering on it, call your sponsor! She'll be more relieved to know you're doing so well right now and on the mend!!  Hugs, Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views