New to recovery

giovanna dibenedetto
on 4/5/08 3:15 am - Kent, WA
I saw this forum while looking for the wls grads site, so glad it is here. I had my surgery 3.5 yrs ago and about a year ago became a very active destructive alcaholic.  In the process I let myself go do to many reasons.  Two months ago i quit drinking, started attending AA meetings and feel better except that I gained 20-30 lbs back since last summer.  This was due to not eating right bc the new husband gripes about the cost.  I now realize that is wrong, i didnt have this surgery to kill myself. So as of today I am working on changing my diet back, and not drinking.  I know it is one day at a time and that is how i am going to work both addictions.
jillysue
on 4/5/08 4:38 am - Northern, MI
Woo Hoo!  Welcome back girl! It is great that you are attending AA meetings, they sure do help me!  Like you said, one day at a time!

One Day at a Time
Jill

Highest 288/Consult 282/Preop 275/current 150/goal ?????

RHONDA FROM KY
on 4/5/08 2:21 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
welcome to the board.. we can sure use all the support we can.  And Congratulations on finding your way back... todays quote fitted right into your posting.  I too had wls about 4 years ago.. I have been sober since 11-18-06 and really need to drop about 25 - 30 .. I also have regained within the past year.  But I know for someone to have quit drinking and smoking.. I can lose this too.  It's a different monkey.. but it can be beat.  One day at a time..  hugsss

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views