Quote for TWOdays..

RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/29/08 11:56 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
I liked todays readings from A Day at a Time.. but it needs to be read with yesterdays first, to make sense. So here is yesterdays and todays. March 29 Reflection for the Day What is the definition of humility? "Absolute humility," said AA cofounder Bill W., "would consist of a state of complete freedom from myself, freedom from all the claims that my defects of character now lay so heavily upon me. Perfect humility would be a full willingness, in all times and places, to find and to do the will of God." AM I STRIVING FOR HUMILITY? Today I Pray May God expand my interpretation of humility beyond abject subservience or awe at the greatness of others. May humility also mean freedom from myself, a freedom which can come only through turning my being over to God's will. May I sense the omnipotence of God, which is simultaneously humbling and exhilarating. May I be willing to carry out His will. Today I Will Remember Humility is freedom. March 30 Reflecton for the Day "When I meditate upon such a vision," Bill W. continued, "I need not be dismayed because I shall never attain it, nor need I swell with presumption that one of these days its virtues shall all be mine. I only need to dwell on the vision itself, letting it grow and ever more fill my heart... Then I get a sane and healthy idea of where I stand on the highway to humility. I see that my journey towards God has scarcely begun. As I thus get down to my right size and stature, my self-concern and importance become amusing." DO I TAKE MYSELF TOO SERIOUSLY? Today I Pray May the grandiosity which is a symptom of my chemical addiction be brought back into proportion by the simple comparison of my powerlessness with the power of God. May I think of the meaning of Higher Power as it relates to my human failty. May it bring my ego back down to scale and help me shed my defenses of pomp or bluster or secret ideas of self-importance. Today I Will Remember He is great. I am small. Good morning peeps

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

jillysue
on 3/30/08 1:51 am - Northern, MI

Rhonda-Thanks again for sharing "two" more inspiring quotes for the day! "He is great. I am small." Love it!

One Day at a Time
Jill

Highest 288/Consult 282/Preop 275/current 150/goal ?????

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views