what a dumb ass...

PittsburghCutie
on 3/29/08 11:26 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi, Liz, recovering alcoholic/addict, beautiful person yadda yaddayadda....

Why in the hell am I acting like a drunken fool?

Today-fully knowing the inspection on the one car isn't inspected, drives the car to my homegroup AA meeting, 5 minutes from my house.

Somewhere in that 5 minutes my stupid ass gets pulled over for the inspection....Knowing in my head..."**** I'm going to jail right now"...I opted to tell the whole entire truth to the officer about being on house arrest(I do have windows to go to meetings), showed him my ankle bracelet, told him I have a suspended license, and I ammerely trying to get to my AA meeting which was less than a block away(as I pointed and showed him).

To say the least I prayed out loud repeatidly the whole time he was in his car, because I knew in my head, I was going to jail.

Officer comes back to my car and says I'm giving you 2 citations, one for the inspection, one for driving under suspended license. He says..." I should be putting you in cuffs right now, taking you to jail and getting your car towed, but because you were honest, I'm giving you 48 hours to get this car off the street by a legal driver."

Someone's higher power is looking out for her. I now have 2 options, plead guilty,go to jail, plead not guilty and the police officer told me he'd work with me at court.

Now, this time last year, I would have instantly walked my fat ass(which isn't so fat anymore(145-150, compared to the 300 I was) and I totally didn't do that. I'm proud of myself for that.....I'm not proud that I my genius like self drove to my meeting at 10 in the morning. *headsmacks*

This too shall pass...

:licks:

PS-please pray forme when my court date comes....if you start praying now, as I am, then hopefully more good will come instead of jail time.

I love you guys-
Liz
Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/29/08 12:18 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
and why are you not telling them about your online boyfriend   huh.. huh why not i kid.. i kid..  don't you know that most always when I'm talking to God..  I mention you anways..

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Patricia R.
on 3/29/08 12:50 pm - Perry, MI
Sweetie, You have angels watching out for you right now.  Don't beat yourself up, instead thank God you were not arrested right then and there.  Being honest is your best and only choice at this point.  It will be your saving grace, believe it or not.   Huggles, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 3/30/08 3:47 am - So. Easton, MA
Liz!! :)  Hey girlie!! Thank G-d you're ok! That's the most important thing! This WILL pass, and I'll keep you in my prayers !!  :)  I'm so proud of you!!  I hope you're feeling proud of you too!!  Hugs, Marie

lippylulu
on 4/5/08 2:43 pm - Staten Island, NY
VSG on 03/26/08 with
You will get through it!  You did the right thing being honest.  That is such a huge thing for someone to do in that situation.  You're not going to jail as a result of driving to your AA meeting.  I am not sure what will happen, but I do believe things happen for  a reason in recovery!  I bet more good will come instead of jail time---keep working your program and it will resolve somehow for the better.  PS.  I have heard of people in the program sending "thank you" notes to cops after being stopped. If its sincere, perhaps it will get you some mileage!
Linda

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views