Carbonation

crstier
on 3/25/08 9:37 pm - Kenova, WV

Does anyone crave pop?  Every once in a while I want a diet mountain dew?  It's crazy but I love the stuff.  Do we ever get to a point where we can have perhaps 1 pop every once in a while.  I am 2 years out and have lost 127 pounds so I feel successful and don't want to digress but sometimes I can't help myself. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Christie

RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/25/08 10:28 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
I am naughty and have pop now and then.. I love the diet cherry 7-up myself.  Not suppose to have it.. but do.   So don't allow my bad example influence you any..

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Loril
on 3/25/08 11:33 pm - Hopkins, MN
My doc is okay with carbonation :)  so I get to indulge!  He just said as long as it doesnt upset pouchy (which is doesnt) becasue some ppl get more sensitive after WLS.  I am 3+ years out.  Lori

Lori at Goal  

RNY October 2004

Patricia R.
on 3/26/08 12:50 am - Perry, MI
I do not miss my diet Cokes, that I drank in excess.  I will occassionally have one, but only out of desperation.  I do get sick of water, and sometimes have one if there is no unsweet iced tea on a menu, like Burger King, where I eat part of a Whopper Jr.  I hate how I feel after drinking soda, so I avoid it. Hope this helps. Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Curious G.
on 3/26/08 11:14 pm - Peachtree City, GA
I'm having a diet dr pepper right now.  I'll probably have two of these today.  AND I'm drinking it with a straw!  Heretic - I know :) I'm almost 4 years out, have lost approx 150 lbs and have maintained at a steady 132-138 for the last 2.5 years. I don't believe in "never" "forbidden" etc.  Tell me I absolutely cannot have something and my sick butt is gonna not only have it, but have it in excess. Temperence and reasonability is probably the key here. I probably drink too much soda, but I do get my water, and I do take my vitamins, and I do exercise and try to take care of myself. I think you'll be fine with the occasional carbonated beverage.  I am (so long as it's not beer lol - a whole OTHER story altogether). love and light, Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views