Waving the White Flag

Curious G.
on 3/23/08 7:35 pm - Peachtree City, GA
OK y'all. I picked up a white chip Saturday night.  I'm back. I ended the relationship with the bf - I'd become his mother and he'd become my drinking buddy.  It was starting to look a lot like the marriage I ended all those years ago. I'm very angry with myself, sad, and remorseful and humble, BUT - I gave myself one pity day and that was yesterday, and hey I didn't feel like crying when I got up today, so that's a good thing. Hey does anybody do myspace or facebook?  wanna add me?  (www.myspace.com/crazeegeekchick) I've missed you guys, Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

jillysue
on 3/24/08 4:51 am - Northern, MI
Hi! I'm Jill, a recovering alcoholic! I am just new to this forum, but was sure happy to find it. Sounds to me like you are doing the next right thing!  Glad to meet cha!

One Day at a Time
Jill

Highest 288/Consult 282/Preop 275/current 150/goal ?????

marieh
on 3/24/08 9:52 am - So. Easton, MA
Michelle!!! You've done an amazing thing for your recovery!! :)  Good for you! It's nice to see youposting again!!! Marie (missed you!!)

Curious G.
on 3/24/08 10:58 am - Peachtree City, GA
I missed you guys too - soooo much :)
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/24/08 10:54 am, edited 3/24/08 10:55 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
I'm sorry Michelle...  just FYI Dan and I are no longer together either.  He moved back to WI on Thursday.. just one too many relapses than I wanted to handle I guess.  I know it's hard letting go.. Welcome home

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Curious G.
on 3/24/08 11:02 am - Peachtree City, GA
Thanks Rhonda.  It *is* hard letting go.  Now I get to deal with a broken heart *AND* early sobriety all at once.  Oh joy :-) I just got home from the Monday night meeting - it was a good one.  Everybody in my home group was so so so so kind to me Saturday night when I showed up and got my chip.  Everybody is still being uber sweet - including my sponser.  You guys truly *ARE* home. I feel like the prodigal child.  LOL   Oh what a bozo am I.  But it's good to know that I'm not alone in my bozo-ness ;-) Love you guys, M

RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/24/08 11:12 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
oh no.. you are not alone ever.  You can share with us and assure us that we don't want to *test the waters*.. you can assure us that the grass is greener on the sober side  after Dan left... I had my first dream(nightmare) that I wanted/needed a drink  I hated that feeling.. sometimes I wonder if he's the reason I WAS able to stay so strong in not drinking... pure stubborness LOL.. but I'm not going backwards now..

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

DarDar
on 3/27/08 6:50 am - exton, PA
Glad your back.  I miss your posting. DarDar
339/197/124 (yeah...right)
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views