Still hanging in there

Patricia R.
on 3/7/08 2:21 pm - Perry, MI
I have had a Hell of a week going back to work on Tuesday.  As most of you know, my brother died two weeks ago.  After taking a week off from work for the funeral and family stuff, I got very sick last weekend and took Monday off to see my doctor.  When I returned to work, a "friend" attacked me for "milking the system" at this school and the one I was at last year.  Well, last year, I had my gastric bypass surgery and three weeks after returning to work, my younger brother died.  This year, I returned to work from hernia surgery, and my older brother died.   That incident just had me so upset.  I have been in the food and sugar especiailly all week.  It does not help that I am also on steroids for my upper respiratory infection either.  That always makes my appetite instiable, and throws my emotions into a tizzy. So, tonight, I was on my way home from work, and I thought how good it would feel to get a bottle of wine.  Thank God, I was scheduled to host a prayer meeting for a missionary friend.  I did not get the bottle.   I have to get to bed. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/8/08 2:28 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
all you can do Trish is change/control how you handle YOU regarding your "friend's comment" .. easier said than done.. but just try be positive.. either let the comment roll off your back.  Or.. wish them a nice day and go your merry way knowing you are NOT milking the system.  Who knows best than yourself.. and that is all that matters  there will ALWAYS be people trying to bring others down.. just imagine that for whatever reason.. your *friend* must not be a happy person.. for wanting someone else to be unhappy with her/him.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

NeedHelp
on 3/9/08 5:02 am - Rockford, IL
Jealousy, hatefulness or a host of other reasons, It seems people can be so mean.  You take care of yourself and let your 'friend' go criticize someone else. I am so sorry for your loss. It is so painful to lose family.  My thoughts and prayers are with you. KIMM
DarDar
on 3/10/08 4:47 am - exton, PA
That was a thoughtless coworker! Sometimes I think it would be so nice for "Earth" People to have a 12 step program as well as us. Hang in there. I lost my last living brother last summer.  I know how you feel. DarDar
339/197/124 (yeah...right)
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views