new to this forum

sandra711
on 2/24/08 9:06 am - central village, CT
i am pretty new to the oh site and today i was just looking around and stumbled upon this forum with other people suffering from addiction and trying to or have had wls. I have been clean for just about 3 years from heroin and cocaine and i just started to put on the weight even in my heaviest times of using i could never get below 270 lbs i am currently going through the motions to approval i'm telling you honestly i'm starving now i'm weighing everything and watching what i eat to loose 10 lbs and to get accustomed to the measuring and things another life changing goal. well i was just seeing if there is any one going through what i am or just want a friend for support let me know

pokeybooth
on 2/25/08 10:17 am - bossier city, LA
I had WLS surgery when I was 3 1/2 years clean and sober. I weighed 449# and everything has went wonderful for me. I just had to continue to work on my sobriety and all else fell in place. Congrats on being 3 years clean and good luck with the surgery.
marieh
on 2/25/08 10:17 am - So. Easton, MA
Welcome Sandra!! Nice to meet you!! This is a great group of people, all with our own stories just like yours. My drug of choice was booze, cigarettes, shoes, men, shopping, baking, you name, it, I've probably been addcted to it! I've been sober 22 years and counting. Every day is a new chance to continue to make the right, best choices for me!  When did your surgeon think you might have your surgery date?  I don't know about CT, but here in Mass, my approval FELT like it took forever! It was less than a year, but each states insurance carrier is different.  It'll be great to see your posts!! Keep reading posting and enjoying life!  Marie

Patricia R.
on 2/27/08 8:50 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Sandra, Welcome to the OH Addictions forum.  We all have our different struggles with addictions.  Mine are food, alcohol, sex, shopping, cutting, to name a few.   We are here for you whenever you need to talk, post, cry, share, whatever. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views