Well dang

Curious G.
on 2/18/08 6:42 pm - Peachtree City, GA
Hey y'all!  *waves* This morning I'm preparing to go visit my oldest child in jail - yep that's right; jail.  Big boy jail.   He and his buddy stole several thousand dollars from the buddy's grandmother and went on a week long spree.  She filed charges.  He's 17 now and thus an adult in the eyes of the court, and this is felony theft by taking.  It's looking like Feb 2009 before he gets onto the court calendar.  I'm **FORCING** myself not to post his bail, but it makes me sick nonetheless.  His father is handling the talking to DA/attorneys etc to try to get a pre-trial diversion in place for him so he won't have it on his record, but I'm remaining hands off.  If his dad wants to step up NOW to do something to help his son, I'm letting him.  I imagine he feels as much guilt over the boy as I do. In other news - I have a job offer that will allow me to stay HOME and work and supervise my kids and house.  The money is excellent and benefits are awesome.  I am just so hesitent about changing jobs again.  I love it where I'm at.  So - something else to think about. I've still been in my "experimental" mode - but managing to behave like a "normal" person and have a glass of wine or two now and then without having to drink 2 bottles.  I'm probably going to learn a harsh lesson in here somewhere, but time will tell. My 13 y/o son was accepted into the Georgia All State Chorous, so we get to go to Savannah for 4 days at the end of the week to participate in that.  I'm very proud of him, and he is proud of himself too!  So - maternal joy and pain and tough decisions - aughhh  makes me nutty :-) So that's my update -  Love and light, m
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

marieh
on 2/18/08 7:36 pm - So. Easton, MA
Hey Michelle, I've been wondering how you've been!! I think the job sitch sounds ideal for what you need right now!!  It's hard to leave a job you love, but  being able to work from home takes a HUGE burden off of your shoulders! As long as you don't lose benefits and the wait time isn't too long, I'd go for it!!  I hope your son will be ok...This is his journey...and his lessons to learn, but I can certainly understand you wanting to ease things for him. My thoughts and prayers are with you!! Hang in there!! Hugs, Marie

pokeybooth
on 2/19/08 1:11 am - bossier city, LA
Congrats to you for your decision. As a male who has been in jail, I can tell you that I never learned my lesson until I had to answer for my own mistakes. It took a trip to prison for me (no one could fix things in there) but when I was held accountable I learned a lesson. Hopefully he will learn faster than I did if he stays in a few days..
Patricia R.
on 2/19/08 5:55 am - Perry, MI
Hi Michelle, I feel your pain and angst about your son in jail.  My son was arrested years ago for possession of narcotics, and drug paraphanalia.  He was 19 or 20 at the time.  I refused to bail him out, but somebody did that for him.  When he came home, I kicked him out, and he went to detox, then his dad's to live.  His dad hired the lawyer, and paid the fee, and he got a special program where he was on probation for a year and then his record got expunged.  He does not have a record now, which helps for financial aid.   Congrats on your son being in the state chorus.  My older son was a singer in high school, and he was in all of those choral competitions.  He went on to major in theater in college, and performed professionally for a while.  His wife is an actress in New York who has performed off-Broadway so far.   I hope you are safe with the drinking in moderation.  I know I cannot do that anymore, though there was a time when I was able to.  Those days are long gone for me now. Be safe. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/19/08 10:58 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Hello Michelle.. it's wonderful to see/hear from you.. rather it's bad, sad, happy, fabulous news.   I hope that your son learns from his mistakes.. and moves forward. We have missed you

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views