lONG TIME, 6 month annv/HELP

Patricia Hagmaier
on 2/14/08 11:36 am - Wehonah, NJ
Hey all, I have finally gotten a chance to get on here.  Things have been really difficult for quite some time now.  I lost my job right after I went back to work after my surgery and my husband was fired a month ago because he has been so sick.  We are living on 1400.00 a month with 5 of us and I we have no medical insurance.  I believe with all my heart that when things get this tough there is something increadible on the other side.  I am down a total of 92lbs, but I must admit I am struggling with eating still. If I try to eat any kind of meat what so ever I throw up, it looks like I may end up a vegetarian.  Is that okay to do with my new stomach.  I can eat any kind of beans, yogurt, coffee, water, low fat cheese, peppers, lima bean, green beans, salad, whole grain crackers, chili, beans only.  So I guess what I am asking is am I going to be okay. Along with that, my depression has been at an all time high, I am not excersising at all, I feel angry a lot, espeically because my husband and family continue to eat crap I cannot have right in front of me and before surgery I used food to fix myself.  I have no where to go with my feelings other than to deal with them so I am angry or crying a lot. I am still alone w/o women friends for the most part.  I keep trying to get myself on a roll of getting back into church where my friends are, but it is so hard. Lastly, one blessed thing, my mother gave me a trip out to Modesto, Ca, (where I grew up till 8 years ago) to visit my friends, one of which has had an RNY in the last year and a half.  So I have a question for you, I am staying with my friend who had the surgery, however, how do I bring up that I cannot eat a lot of what others can.  Should I just buy my own food, or be honest and let her know.  I don't know which would be more rude or hurt her. Anyway, I am going to get a picture of me up and updated in two weeks.  I promise. I have really missed you all I need a lot of support and help so feel free to jump in and give me input. Love Trish
matt
on 2/14/08 12:51 pm - fairfield, CA
When life seems at its lowest point hope comes shining threw. When I feel like it could get no worse I think of poeple that have it alot  worse than I and keep hope You have just hit a bump in the road and it will work out. good luck matt
marieh
on 2/14/08 8:14 pm - So. Easton, MA
The good thing is...this will pass too. The better thing is...YOU have control here. You do the food shopping I'm assuming...so bring in less junk. (their long term health will thank you for it)  Tell your friend the truth. She's had surgery so she'll know all about how some things just hit you funny.  Tell her the truth and offer to buy your own beans. I'm envious! GREAT Mexican restaurants out there! I live in the Boston area...TRY finding a REAL Mexican restaurant here!  Beans are a much better protein source because they're fat free! I can't eat chicken or red meat, lamb or pork. Turkey rules in my house, but beans are my salvation! Well, beans and Gas-X. LOL. I'm like you with what you can eat too. Give me hummus and I'm happy!! Have you tried seafoods? Fish, shellfish work well for me, as long as it's baked. Your stresses are high right now. How nice your mom gave you this trip!! Take care of YOU!! The job thing will correct itself soon enough!! Hugs, Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views