Day 3

Patricia R.
on 2/10/08 10:07 am - Perry, MI
Well, I never thought I would be counting the days at this point in my life, but I am.  I made a meeting on Saturday, but not today.  I got up a little too late to make my crack of dawn meeting, and had so much going on I couldn't get to one after church.   My brother is in the hospital having had major surgery on Friday.   One of my dilemmas is that part of me does not want to stop drinking.  I never thought I would say that again in my life, but I have to be honest.   So, I am counting days, instead of years, again.   Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/10/08 11:16 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
a man once said in a meeting and I must agree with him.. his SOBRIETY comes before GOD.  The reason.. cuz if he's not sober he doesn't *have* GOD in his life.  I have and will always believe in GOD, however... HE and I have become much closer since my sobriety.  So I wonder if you could have missed church to take care of your sobriety.  I bet GOD would be there with you in that meeting.. and would be so happy that you are taking care of YOU.  Just MO.. I'm certainly not knocking church.. I wish I would start going back myself.. I haven't been to church in a long long time..  but I believe and I did go to the Breakfast AA meeting that's held every Sunday.  I have been feeling kinda ****ty lately.. I've  not wanted to drink, but my spiritual side has been draining.. and I contribute it to my lack of meetings.  I went and was filled spiritually.. those common people gathering around to give praise to their HigherPower to get or keep their sobriety so moves me.. not to mention helps ME.. who also is an alcoholic to not want to drink. of course you don't want to.. but you do know *intellectually* that you should..  It's okay to count the days.. just keep counting.. DON'T GIVE UP on YOU and the Promises.. 
Patricia R.
on 2/10/08 1:10 pm - Perry, MI
I have missed church to attend meetings, and may do so in the future.  However, I also serve in the nursery, and I had nursery duty this morning.  I had already told the girl organizing it I would be there, so I could not back out.   I get a great deal of healing out of my worship services.  The music and the fellowship are very important to me.  I also get to touch base with friends I don't get to see but once or twice a month, because I work weekends.  They are like family to me.   I had hoped to attend a later meeting, but got tied up with my visit to my brother in the hospital is all.  Then, I took a nap and fell asleep.  Excuses and all that aside, I need to get my a** to a meeting on Monday. Hugs,l Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/10/08 8:14 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
I'm glad you received something spiritual from going.. in all the writing I failed to ask how your brother is doing??  I hope/pray all is well...
Patricia R.
on 2/10/08 11:51 pm - Perry, MI
I always find something spiritual at my worship services.  It is a great source of strength for me.  My brother had torn the quadricep tendons in both knees in a fall over a month ago.  He is going to be immobile for over a month, and will be in a nursing home.  He is fine, except the pain.  I have to call to find out if he is being moved today. Thanks for asking and for caring. Hugs, Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views