Relapsed Again

Patricia R.
on 2/9/08 9:08 am - Perry, MI
Hi there, I had a rough week, did not make any meetings, and drank again, two nights in a row.  This is how it went a when I relapsed from my 8+ years back in the 90s.  I would get a few weeks together and then drink again.   My therapist kicked my butt royally because I had not been going to meetings and my thinking stinks big time.  So, I called my sponsor last night, fessed up to the relapse, and made a good meeting today.  It was a women's meeting and the topics were powerlessness and self-care.  I wrote four pages on that subject for my Step One writing for my sponsor back in December when I first relapsed.   The triggers are not as important as my thinking concerning them.  I have a friend who thinks I am self-sabotaging my recovery out of fear of success.  She is right.  My therapist thinks my thoughts about certain events that took place this past week are not rational, and he is right.  He also believes that if I keep drinking I will hit a disaster on my way down hill.   So, I am here, sober for two days, and not wrapped too tight.  I called my sponsor and left her a message this afternoon after I made my meeting.  I have not heard from her yet, but I do understand that she has a life too.   Sorry this is so long.  I just have to be honest about where I am at.  When I make my meetings, I do so much better.  When I don't make my meetings, I relapse and hit the skids big time.   Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/9/08 9:57 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
glad you are okay today Trish.. thanks for putting this out here.. sometimes life is just f'ing hard.  Hope you make a meeting tomorrow.  You have your answer.. when you go to meetings you do fine. love you
Patricia R.
on 2/9/08 10:15 am - Perry, MI
Thanks, Rhonda.  I hope to attend a meeting first thing in the morning. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 2/10/08 6:45 pm - East Burbs, MN
Big ole hugs to you Trish..!!

Dana      

marieh
on 2/11/08 8:19 pm - So. Easton, MA
Trish, I'm so proud of you for having the courage to put your soul on this board like this!! I love you my friend...you know what to do!  Hugs, Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views