Hello :-)

sherrigirl98
on 2/5/08 8:48 pm, edited 2/5/08 8:59 pm - Charleston, IL
VSG on 08/28/07 with

Hi...wanted to intro myself..I am Sherri. I am in recovery for an addiction to pain medications. I have been clean for over a year and a half from that. Of course I have an addiction to food as well and probably could become addicted to silveware if I actually loved them!

I had the VSG surgery in August of 07. Since losing lots of weight I have noticed lots of feelings are resurfacing for me and trying to deal with those.

I thought I might hang out here for a while and do some reading and posting hopefully...looking forward to meeting others here :-)

thanks

Sherri

edited to add...I also take suboxone daily...I have been on suboxone for the last 20 months and have done quite well with it. I do however wish to not be on suboxone forever. I feel left out when I go to meetings because I cannot openly discuss suboxone. My addictions physician/counselors have me take this. It is part of my treatment plan. I just wanted to throw that out there...thanks..reading lots of posts right now

hugs to you all

Sherri

WooHootiHoo! I have made it to 109!!!! A total of 190lbs lost!

pokeybooth
on 2/6/08 9:43 am - bossier city, LA
Welcome, Sherri, 1 1/2 years is a long time and you should be comended. Welcome to the board. I don't post here much but I read daily. It is a wonderful addition to any recovery system. Hopefully you will find comfort here as I have.
marieh
on 2/7/08 8:38 pm - So. Easton, MA
Hi Sherri!! Welcome! Nice to see you posting here! Congratulations on your weight loss and your 18 months of clean!! I'm Marie and I've been clean of alcohol 22 years now. Still struggling with a few other addictions that got transfered, but with my shrink's help, those will be understood and worked out. :) I had a bypass in August of 07! August was a good month for us!! LOL... Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views