no more bull****

PittsburghCutie
on 1/27/08 12:01 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Well ladies and gents....I have officially ****** up to the point of all ****** up ness. Pardon my french through out this message.

Me being the alcoholic I am decided to drink again on Thursday of this past week, which in turn made my husband and life a complete mental mess.

I have decided I need help that I can't seem to do on my own so as of tomorrow, I will be spending the next week, pending on my insurance, possibly the next month in treatment. In patient for as long as my insurance allows.

I am actually feeling very good about this and hope and pray that this will finally knock some sense into me and my addictions to not only alcohol,but to prescription drugs and food.

I love you guys and thank you for all of the help you have attempted to give me, and Rhonda, thank you for listening to me cry when I called.

I'm hoping I will be gone for a month to clear my head from all negativities and I will be a better person for this.

With that, again, I thank you, and I'll be back in about a month or so.

Much love and thanks-

Liz
Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/27/08 12:22 pm, edited 1/28/08 12:31 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
You will be fine sweet tits.. keep an open mind.. listen to the counselors, doctors, nurses.. don't listen or fall into other inpt peoples ill ways of skunk thinking.  Some inpts don't wanna be there but are maybe court ordered and don't really want help.  YOU want this.. don't do it for Mike.. altho that maybe a good reason to get you there.. but leave there wanting it for YOU.  You know you're worth it.. you don't have to live with a life that is unmanageable.   And.. being there won't be the magic cure.. just like WLS.. you are going there to get you away from the substance and to give you skills in how to handle/deal with the addiction.  It's still gonna be up to YOU to work the tool''but for now.. you are doing the best thing you can for yourself.. I'll be saying a prayer for YOU every night when I lay down to sleep.. We'll be here waiting for YOU
Patricia R.
on 1/27/08 7:14 pm - Perry, MI
Liz,  I am so proud of you for knowing what you need, and going after it.  You are doing a brave thing, and should pat yourself on the back.   As Rhonda said, don't listen to the whiners or complainers.  Do what you are told to do, and work the program they give to you.  Remember the HOW of recovery:  Honesty, Openness and Willingness.  Make it a mantra for when you get stuck.   If you get lonely, think of us, and know that we are here for you, praying for you, rooting for you, and know that we will be here when you get back.   Love you tons, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Mrs. G
on 1/27/08 11:12 pm - E. City, NC
I just wanted to say I think that's a great plan and I'm wishing you ALL the best!

Holla if you feel that you've been down the same road. ~Eminem
269@surgery/145@lowest/235@highest regain/193now/160goal
Tracker represents my loss since 6/26/11

pokeybooth
on 1/28/08 2:48 am - bossier city, LA
Congrats on your decision. Hopefully it will be the turning point that puts your life on the right track. Sobriety has been a wonderful way of life for me. I wish you all the luck in the world.
marieh
on 1/28/08 3:27 am - So. Easton, MA
Liz, It takes guts, courage and finally realizing you ARE worth your life of sobriety to go after it and not let anything get in the way of you getting it!  I am so proud to know you! Hang tough... You already ARE a better person for this! ;)  And you're my hero!  GO FOR IT!!  I'll miss your posts and already can't wait until you're back!! Hugs, Marie

Telbereth
on 1/28/08 4:24 am - SW , MO
Good Luck, and congratulations on having the guts to make the hard call.
Beginning My Real Life

A Work in Progress

mismissy69
on 1/28/08 9:47 am - buffalo, NY
OMG I havent been on this board in so long and I came across this post and had to say something. I too am having a battle with alcohol. I feel that this is the reason why my weightloss has stalled. I was recently placed on wellbutrin SR for depression and I learned that this med also helps with compulsive behavior, which I was compulsivly drinking. I have been sober for 9 days which may not seem like much, but when you drink 4-5x a week a 750ml bottle of vodka thats a miracle. I also did some reasearch on a natural way to deal with alcoholism and came across an herb called kudzu. The chinese use it to curb alcohol cravings and deal with alcoholism. I purchased some and I think that has also helped me. I was on the verge of considering anabuse, but so far I think this works for me. I will pray for you and your recovery. Just take it one day at a time. Im sure you can do it. Good luck :)
Telbereth
on 1/29/08 6:33 am - SW , MO
You and I are just about in the same boat, both in terms of time and beverages.  I'd be really interested in hearing how the kudzu works for you.  [By the way its was brought to the US to help control erosion and has completely taken over many parts of the southern US.  Wonder what you have to do to process it?] Nice meeting you! Tel
Beginning My Real Life

A Work in Progress

mismissy69
on 1/31/08 1:18 pm - buffalo, NY
Hi Again, I dont know how they process it but I got it in pill form from the healthfood store. The vitamin shoppe also sells it you can check there website out.  Im not sure if it's the Kudzu alone thats helping me I think the wellbutrin also plays a part as well.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views