antabuse

piper
on 1/25/08 1:02 am

Hello all - wondering if anyone has tried antabuse and if it helped them. Thats the drug that causes adverse reactions if you do drink. Thanks

PittsburghCutie
on 1/25/08 2:31 am - Pittsburgh, PA
no, and here's why...

http://alcoholism.about.com/od/meds/a/antabuse.htm

Good luck!
Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
piper
on 1/25/08 2:43 am
Wow, that article was scary. Too many side effects for me. Thanks for sharing it. I had no idea the side effects were so sever.
Patricia R.
on 1/25/08 7:04 am - Perry, MI
There are other meds that help deal with cravings, to make early sobriety less difficult.  But, once you detox, you really need to have a program to change the way you look at life and live it or you will just go back to old ways. Have you tried AA?  It works if you work it. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

piper
on 1/29/08 1:30 am
Thanks Trish - About how long does detox take? I have been extremely irritable the past few days.  I am doing this on my own and have started going to AA meetings daily. Even though I have my misgivings about AA it makes me feel less isolated, which is my biggest problem, shame that I am the only one doing this....I know that is not rational but I think you all understand.  Thanks Piper
Patricia R.
on 1/29/08 2:33 am - Perry, MI
Hi Piper, Physical detox only takes a few days, but the emotional cravings go on for a very long time.  I understand about the misgivings about AA, but my advice is to take what you like and leave the rest.  That's the beauty of it.  I go for social support and the steps.  The rest I leave there.   Keep trying.  I did it without rehab, and drugs.  A lot of people do.  It gets better after you get some time. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views