make your DASH meaningful..

RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/24/08 10:24 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
I'm Glad You're In My Dash (and yes.. Online counts) I read of a man who stood to speak At the funeral of a friend. He referred to the dates on her tombstone, From the beginning ... to the end. He noted that first came her date of birth And spoke the following date with tears, But he said what mattered most of all Was the dash between those years. (1934 - 1998) For that dash represents all the time That she spent alive on earth ... And now only those who loved her, Know what that little line is worth. For it matters not, how much we own; The cars ... the house ... the cash, What matters is how we live and love And how we spend our dash. So think about this long and hard .. Are there things you'd like to change? For you never know how much time is left, That can still be rearranged. If we could just slow down enough To consider what's true and real, And always try to understand The way other people feel And be less quick to anger, And show appreciation more And love the people in our lives Like we've never loved before. If we treat each other with respect, And more often wear a smile.. Remembering that this special dash Might only last a little while. So, when your eulogy's being read With your life's actions to rehash ... Would you be proud of the things they say About how you spent your dash? If you have received this, it means that you are truly special to the one that sent this to you. I am glad that you're in my life and part of my dash. From My Dash To Yours. Laugh long, live long, Yesterday is history Tomorrow is a mystery Today is a GIFT .. That is why they call it the present.
Patricia R.
on 1/25/08 7:03 am - Perry, MI
Rhonda, The pastor read this at my brother's funeral in 2006.  It is very meaningful to me. Love, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 1/25/08 9:22 pm - So. Easton, MA
This was beautiful. It made me think of my late niece. Next month she'll be gone 16 years.  She'll be gone as long as she was alive. She made us laugh so much at EVERY family gathering. :) We all still miss that girl.  Her dash makes me laugh and cry at the same time. Thanks for this!  Hugs, Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views