A Funk

Patricia R.
on 1/22/08 12:26 pm - Perry, MI
I am in a pretty bad funk.  I need to get to a meeting, but just can't seem to get my butt to one.  I got my butt kicked in therapy yesterday because I was refusing to take responsibilty for my recovery, and was threatening to go get drunk again.  I promised I would get to a meeting, but came home and passed out from exhaustion on the couch.  Today, I just couldn't get myself out the door because of exhaustion again.   My head is squirrelly, and my urge to drink is pretty strong.  My therapist thinks this is part of attention seeking behavior.  Over the weekend I went crazy with the food, and I called him to move my appointment up.   I guess I just needed to share where I am at.   Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Karen N.
on 1/22/08 9:44 pm - Charlotte, NC

Hi Trish,

Yesterday sucked for you. I'm sorry. I hate sucky days, too. I guess maybe they are given to us so we can appreciate the good days.

As the song says, "Yesterday's Gone". Make today a better day. Get your squirrelly head to a meeting. Whether you want to or not! Better yet, go to two or three meetings today whether you want to or not. Make a gratitude list. Here's a few to get you started:

1. I woke up sober.

2. No hangover

3. No regrets

4. I have family & friends that care about me.

5. I have people in my life that understand my disease & can help me through the hard times.

6. I have a beautiful child I can hold on my lap & love because I'm not drunk.

7. Today I have the opportunity to do positive things for myself and those about me.

Lastly, I'd like to copy some really excellent advice that a very wise person wrote recently to another struggling friend:

Try to make a meeting regardless of how you feel.  You need the support of sober people to counterbalance the insanity that is going on in your head at this time.  

Just a little taste of your own medicine to remind you that you do know the next right thing to do. So........JUST DO IT!\

Love,

Karen

Friend of Bill W.   "I come from a long line of plump women with bad knees"

Patricia R.
on 1/22/08 9:57 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks Karen.  I needed that.  Nothing like having someone tell me what I need to hear.  I am getting to a meeting in a few minutes. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/22/08 10:16 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
.. boy.. you're good at this
Karen N.
on 1/22/08 11:05 pm - Charlotte, NC

Thanks, but I'm just passing along what I've had to hear myself.

How about we ALL go to a meeting today??? High Five

Karen 

RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/23/08 12:50 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
I will if you will   that should be a daily goal that we may try.. dear lord what am i sayin...
Patricia R.
on 1/23/08 12:55 am - Perry, MI
I just got home from my meeting.  It was good.   Hugs, Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Karen N.
on 1/22/08 10:00 pm - Charlotte, NC

Thumbs Up

Excellent! 

RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/22/08 10:26 pm, edited 1/22/08 10:26 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
ditto what Karen said.. get thyself to a meeting to get your medicine... I bet your spirit will feel a little lighter!! perhaps I'll even go this evening to one
Patricia R.
on 1/23/08 12:54 am - Perry, MI
I just got home from a meeting and I feel so much better.  I finally told on myself about my drinking in December.  I had only told my sponsor and you guys, other than my therapist.  It was so freeing to be honest finally. Get thee to a meeting is great advice, now that I have taken it. Hugs, Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views