Had more surgery today

marieh
on 1/22/08 7:31 am - So. Easton, MA
This time it was major oral surgery. I get the stitches out of my foot tomorrow (I hope!), and see the dentist for the stiches on Thursday. Nothing like spending vacations with co-pays and cat-gut. LOL. At least I'm still waking up on the right side of the dirt!! So far, I don't have any real pain, just that annoying "OMG in an hour this is gonna KILL when teh novocaine wears off" kind of thing. I;'m grateful that as soon as the swelling goes down, I WON'T be ashamed to smile anymore.  Hang tough, friends. :) Life is good!  Marie

Patricia R.
on 1/22/08 7:28 pm - Perry, MI
Marie, I am glad you are still posting here in spite of your medical challenges.  We need your sage advice here very much.   Love, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Curious G.
on 1/23/08 9:16 am - Peachtree City, GA
omg girl i feel your pain.... When I was about 25, I was informed thal all four wisdom teeth had to come out - under general anesthetic because of how the roots were wound around my jaw... My oral surgeon told me that we could do it in two surgeries, but to be frank, after doing two - he knew i would not come back for the other two. So... typical Michelle ten foot tall and made of steel, I said, "let's do all four" He sent me home with 12 percoset.   The first 8 hours my ****y a$$ thought, "this isn't so bad".... the next 24 hours after that I ate all 12 percoset and was bawling my eyes out calling the dr for more med - he was nice but told me he couldn't refill the percoset that fast and gave me about a week's worth of tylenol 3.  which I ate in three days. I've never had a pain pill problem - but dammmmit that stuff HURT!   That beat childbirth, and other surgeries hands down! You are my hero! Glad everything went well - get all better soon! Love and light, Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

marieh
on 1/23/08 9:29 am - So. Easton, MA
OY...wound around your jaw?  OMG that must've sucked royally!  This must be what it feels like to have your front teeth knocked out. I didn't feel my wisdom teeth coming in at all. But these? Damn this hurts.  I wont' take the percs, but boy I can tell when the triple aleve's are wearing off.   Damn Michelle!  Upper AND lower corners all at once?  WOW.  You sound like me though. I kept telling my oral surgeon just do it..keep going....git er done... and then some novocaine wore off. Life is never dull! You're right...I had a C-section and even THAT hurt less! LOL...  Be well, (or at least, weller than me! :)  Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views