Made it through foot surgery ok

marieh
on 1/18/08 6:43 am - So. Easton, MA
Thank G-d I made it through with flying colors! I haven't eaten all day, but plan on starting slow with some scrambled eggs or turkey breast and some light cheese. I'm so tired right now, too. Feel wiped out. Scary thing is I told them I didn't want oxycodone and that's what I got. So I'll take one if I need to sleep and then throw them out like last time. I just don't want those hanging around.  Zzzzzzzzzz, Marie :)

Patricia R.
on 1/19/08 7:15 pm - Perry, MI
Marie, I am a weird alcoholic.  When I have had surgery, I have never abused my pain killers.  I am more diligent about using them, and tapering off them as I don't want to be addicted to them.  If you really are in pain, and tylenol does not cut it, then you should take the pain killers.  Just my 2 cents.   I am glad you came through okay.  I empathize, having had two heel surgeries and a toe surgery.   Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 1/19/08 8:33 pm - So. Easton, MA
Thanks Trish!   I haven't felt ANY real pain in my foot. It's just kind of itchy off and on.  I'm icing it twice a day and haven't needed to take the meds.I'm wondering if this is from losing sensation in both feet and hands from the diabetes or if something got severed? LOL.. The last time this happened, I FELT it!  Hugs, Marie

Patricia R.
on 1/19/08 9:24 pm - Perry, MI
I understand, Marie.  My worst surgery, prior to wls, was knee surgery.  I tapered off the pain killers by stretching out the time between doses by an hour, adding time each day till I was off them.   I hope you have no permanent nerve damage due to the diabetes, or the surgery.  That would really suck. Take care of yourself.   Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views