Did a REALLY stupid thing today...

marieh
on 1/8/08 10:25 am - So. Easton, MA
For some reason unbeknownst to me, this morning I baked a Pillsbury cinnabon thing and ate one. I had a very very low fasting blood sugar, and that's not even a valid enough excuse! I've no idea why, other than I FEEL like a failure, so today I decided to prove it to myself?  I am still working on my triggers...and found recently that stan can't talk like friends...he has to talk to me like he's still owned, but won't follow through with anything. I'm not into a one-way tease, so I told him if he can't talk to me as a friend, he won't be talking to me at all. I think the disappointment over that got to me and I bought the biscuits A) when hungry and B) upset.  So I figured out the trigger, but too late. I ate the damn bun. And it sucked too! I didn't dump (fully) but felt gross until a few hours ago. Last time I do THAT. I'm so pissed at myself that I did that. WHAT did I have this surgery for if I'm going to eat sht like that?? What a waste! My shrink today said to move past it...can't do anything about it now, just stop spinning my wheels to figure out why so much...and just do things that won't hurt me. LIike exercise and eat right.  What a day. Tomorrow I see my PC for medical clearance for my foot surgery next week. Sigh.. Onward and upward, right?? Marie

Patricia R.
on 1/8/08 12:14 pm - Perry, MI
Hey Girl, I have eaten stupid things since my surgery, and lived to regret each one of them.  That gross feeling is part of dumping.  I have not vomited since my surgery, but have had really awful episodes of dumping when I ate sugary foods, the few times I experimented.   Get back to basics and start eating right and exercising.  Protein, water, exercise are my priorites.  Not that I can exercise much right now post-op from the hernia. Don't beat yourself up.  There was a time when I would eat the whole pan of Cinnabons and not think twice about it.  Recovery is an unfolding and learning process.   Huggles, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 1/8/08 8:21 pm - So. Easton, MA
Thanks Trish. I'm donating all my cake mixes and baking crap to my local food pantry. Not the best choices for them either, but I need to get rid of the "boxes before they become empties"....so to speak. I felt gross from  7am until 6pm yesterday. NOT good...I'm sure I'll test other foods in the future and have similar results, but I did this in spite of knowing this would most likely suck.  Sigh.

Patricia R.
on 1/8/08 8:42 pm - Perry, MI
Donating them is a good idea.  Those foods are not evil unto themselves.  They are just self-defeating for us at this time in our lives.  I have eaten more than my share of cookies, cakes and candies.   Learn from this.  I sure did. Huggles, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views