transfer addiction with flirting????

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/07 7:45 am - Makawao-Maui, HI
HI everyone, this is my first time on this board. I was not comfortable talking on the main board about this and I didn't know where else to go. I am wondering if I am expierencing transfer addiction with fliritng. I never had attentin from men before and now I have it a lot. At first I was really shy but then I embrassed it and now I find myself inviting it and initiating it. I feel so guilty because I am married yet I feel like I am addicted to the adreline affect that I get from it. Has anyone else gone through this?
Michelle W.
on 1/2/08 11:48 pm - Olmsted Falls, OH
Very much so.I ate it up, but I took it allot further.I was single for years, and I got so excited from the attention, that I slept around, hung out at bars, etc. It got very ugly.I did not like what I had become.Just remember, it may feel good, but your husband has always been there.
(deactivated member)
on 1/3/08 12:31 am - Makawao-Maui, HI
Hi there, thanks so much for responding. I am hoping this is just a phase that i need to get out of my system. How long did you go through the phase until you stopped? What did you do to stop?
ColoradoHusker
on 1/3/08 12:28 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Hi Mitzi, I'm just newly post-op, but this very issue was one of my first concerns. From high school until around 30, I was promiscuous. Honestly, I can't count the number of men I have slept with. I was so full of remorse, shame and guilt - but the opportunity would arise and of course, I'd take it.  I got married at 32 and have been faithful to my husband every since (10 years.) When I was considering WLS, I mentioned to my husband that I wasn't sure what I would do when men started paying attention to me again...that I was afraid I'd go buck wild again.  He called his counselor and invited me to go, too.  We met with his counselor (a woman) and it was very helpful.  We talked about having fun but with boundaries and realizing that I had no boundaries when I was younger. I now have my own counselor and we talk about issues like this all the time.  I would encourage anyone having WLS to have an addiction trained therapist to help you out over the rough patches of WLS. Hope this helps!
(deactivated member)
on 1/3/08 12:36 am - Makawao-Maui, HI
thank you so much for responding it helps knowing that i am not alone with this fear. i know i should see a counselor because oddly enought that is my masters is in school counseling that is what i do for a living but everything is so new and i am so addicted to the adrelene rush i feel like part of me does not have it out of my system yet and another part of me is scared to get it out of my system. my new years resoultion is to focus on my marriage. thanks so much for listeing hugz
natalie1975
on 1/5/08 5:43 am - Yardley, PA
Hi, just wanted you to know you are not alone. A part of me wants to reconsile with my ex-boyfriend (we are back to living togather as friend...long story) another part of me is angry with him for a bunch of things from the last four years. and the third part of me screams "girl, you are size 0-2 and hot for the first time in years". keep the bf around but go see and try what's out there. well, i've been doing the latter and am more confused than ever now. i feel like i'me 32 going on 15. the ironic part it, my ex and i are both family lawyers. we counsel people to behave maturely all the time. and yet we both have been sabotaging thing once again. before, i though it was all because i gained almost 100 lbs. now it's no longer about the weight. go figure

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/08 8:10 am - Makawao-Maui, HI
thank you natalie for sharing your story it does make me feel better that i am not alone and we are almost the same age too.  my friend said i am living my teenage years that i never had because i was unattractive in high school. i think if i get pregnant it will bring new focus into my life. dh and i have been together 11 years so it might be time to take the next step. have a great day and thanks again for sharing
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views