Best wishes for 2008

marieh
on 12/30/07 8:03 pm - So. Easton, MA
Hello all!! This will be a very odd NYE for me. Not because yet again, I won't be drinking, but life in general. We're having sparkling cider (not sure the gut can take it) but it's in a bottle looking exactly like champagne...my drug of choice 22 plus years ago. This should be interesting.  Stan (my last drug??) was in the hospital for a few days. He didn't tell ME, but my cousin, who seems to feel like it's her mission in life to tell me each time he sneezes. I've asked her to NOT tell me anymore. I need to move on and get past the need for male attention. Not quite sure how, but I'll eventually find a way.  I hope we all have a year we can handle, and the strength to do what we have to, to stay sane, safe and sober. I love you all! ;) Marie

Curious G.
on 12/30/07 10:15 pm - Peachtree City, GA
Amen my sister! My favorite part about New Year's is that it is a new start.  I'm all about new starts, fresh outlooks and renewed beginnings! Viva la 2008 - hope it's the best ever! Love ya, m
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Patricia R.
on 12/31/07 9:49 am - Perry, MI
Happy, sober New Year Marie. Go easy on that sparkling cider.  The bubbles can really kick you in the gut. I am doing the Law and Order marathon with the cats tonight.  I am getting over an ear infection and some pain from my surgery today. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 12/31/07 8:45 pm - So. Easton, MA
Hi Trish!   We skipped the cider for the bubbles, the sugar and the fact that champagne was my drug of choice all those years ago.  I was afraid the bottle, the pop!, the fizz, would all be too much. I am deathly afraid of being trapped in the bottom of a bottle again, so I'll abstain to play it safe.  Hope you're feeling better soon!!  Hugs, Marie

Patricia R.
on 12/31/07 8:58 pm - Perry, MI
Good for you, Marie.  People, places and things can be triggers.   I fell asleep at 9:30 on the couch.  Woke up at 12:20 and went to bed.  Got up at 5:00 and went to my meeting.   I am feeling a little better today, so far. Happy New Year, Huggles, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 12/31/07 8:59 pm - So. Easton, MA
Trish you SO rock!! :)  I'm glad you're feeling better!!   Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views