Crazy ?

qmrpuno
on 12/29/07 1:46 pm - Waterloo, IA
Hello, 1st the good news.  I have been sober for 1 month.  Beer (and lots of it) was my drink of choice.  It hasn't been easy but so far so good.  Now the bad news.  I am due to get my lab work done for my yearly visit with my surgeons office.  I am fighting shame and fear to the point of wanting to delay my appt.  I am really scared to get called on the carpet if my labs are messed up due to drinking.  Fear it could trigger a relapse and I don't want to jeopordize how far I have come.  Anyone ever been in this situation or am I the only one? Thanks, Paula
Alisa
on 12/30/07 3:43 am - Bella Vista, CA
I was supposed to have my labs over a year ago.......but same thing.  I keep "planning" on laying off the wine, just doesn't seem to happen for very long.  I am very disappointed and ashamed about myself.  I need to get my labs and see my surgeon, but I know I get my @-- chewed out.....and I know I deserve it.  I would have to say if you've been sober for a month, CONGRATS!  You are doing great......keep up the good work and don't look back and beat yourself up.  After a month of no drinking your labs should be normal. Alisa
qmrpuno
on 12/30/07 8:52 am - Waterloo, IA
So grateful to hear I am not alone! Thanks for your response, kind of sounds like we are in the same boat.  Would love to share misery/solutions with a like kind! Paula
Mrs. G
on 12/30/07 10:48 am - E. City, NC
I went to my PCP last summer for help to get sober and to find out how much damage I'd done to my health from drinking so much. I had already done liver damage (found out from the blood work he ordered) and ended up in a detox facility. When my surgeon's office called to remind me I needed to get blood work done and have a yearly visit with my surgeon I declined, told them I'd have my PCP check my blood work. I had my records sent to my PCP. He decided to wait to do my blood work that the surgeon would have normally had done until I was further along in my sobriety. I had it all checked the end of October and my levels were all fine, plus my liver has begun repairing itself. So, if you are more comfortable with your PCP due to the drinking I'd recommend going that route. I didn't want to face my surgeon and tell him I'd become an alcoholic. I didn't want to let him down.

Holla if you feel that you've been down the same road. ~Eminem
269@surgery/145@lowest/235@highest regain/193now/160goal
Tracker represents my loss since 6/26/11

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety