Merry Christmas

Patricia R.
on 12/24/07 1:18 pm - Perry, MI
Hello Family, I have been laying low, physically and mentally the past week.  My surgery on the 18th went well, but the pain has kicked my butt the past few days.  Well, it probably has something to do with the fact that I had been acting like a maniacal lunatic baking, cleaning, knitting, crocheting, cleaning, baking, and otherwise getting ready for tomorrow.  I also had not been taking the Lortab, as it knocked me out one too many times.  Soooooo, I am now forced to take it easy, because the pain is just too much to do otherwise. The other reason I have been off the radar is a combination of a guy, and my granddaughter is in town.  Munchkin is now 6 months old, and just too cute for words.  Pity party time:  I cannot pick her up.     The guy is from western PA, and we have talked considerably on the phone.  We are both born again Christians, and have the same political views, liberal.  We also both love football, though I am a die-hard Eagles fan, and he likes those Steelers.  (I guess you can't have everything.)  I have a few misgivings about him, but won't verbalize them to anyone till I talk to my therapist about him next week.   So, my kids are all in town, and we are having a traditional Polish pig-out for dinner tomorrow.  (Stuffed cabbage, kielbasi, etc.)  I may make Latkes, though I may just bag that idea since I have baked my brains out for cookie trays as gifts.  Thing is, some of the newer members of the family have never had Latkes before, and I rarely make them due to the fat content.  Actually, I have not made them since my surgery. Anywho, I just want to wish everyone a blessed Christmas and hope everyone is able to enjoy the love of family and the love of God this holiday.   Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 12/25/07 9:49 am, edited 12/25/07 9:50 am - So. Easton, MA
Merry Christmas to you and yours Trish!! I didn't make latkes this past Chanukkah for the same reason. That and I had so much else to eat the last thing I needed was something else to do. The whole grating thing is a pain.  Got home from work last night and baked cookies. They didn't come out right, I dropped them marmalade side down, then stepped on a few. Needless to say, I was LIVID...they were supposed to be one of the desserts for dinner today. Then I baked a lemon cake. I iced it today and the drizzle was too thin...so I tried moving the cake to a new platter and the whole f'in thing broke! Then I put a chocolate fudge cake in and drove to see my aunt at the assisted living place and had to refuse prime rib because I couldn't stay. Got home, nearly forgot to finish decorating the cake, almost left the homemade fudge in the fridge, and we ended up arriving a bit late. Thank G-d they planned on a late dinner and grazed all day.. LOL. Long story short (too late!) latkes are a lot of work. If you can skip em, go for it!! I'm sure your house was filled wtih joy, laughter, and entirely too full bellies like all of us!! :)  Blessings, Marie

Patricia R.
on 12/25/07 11:37 am - Perry, MI

Hi Marie, I ended up NOT making the latkes, but not because of the time.  I just have not felt well for the past two or three days.  More pain than I like from the surgery. As for the grating, I have a food processor that can do a couple of pounds of potatoes in a matter of seconds.   I had a wonderful day with the kids, especially the baby.  I am trying to get a new avatar up, but am having some trouble with it. Hugs, Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 12/25/07 7:47 pm - So. Easton, MA
I have a processor too...but end up doing it the antiquated way. I think about the fat involved and just can't do it! LOL...spose that's a good thing.  I am psyched! Steve gave me a bench that supports my soldering table that I can use for stained glass. I plan to make christine a picture frame incorporating some of theflowers she carried in her bouquet. I am so itchy to buy more glass! I'm so glad you got to fully enjoy your day!! :) Hugs, Marie

RHONDA FROM KY
on 12/25/07 11:14 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Merry Christmas Trish..  hope you are feeling better.  That is something that I do not do.. bake!! Thank GOD.. lol.  I do however go to my moms who does bake and manage to stuff my face there.  but then I come home and all is safe again for awhile. Best wishes on the male friend..  keep us posted (if not too personal) Hugsss, Rhonda
Patricia R.
on 12/25/07 9:31 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Rhonda, Two of the things I baked were sugar free, or no sugar added pies.  One was blueberry made with splenda, the other was pumpkin cheesecake.  The cookies had sugar, so that was not good when I ate some and did not dump.   My kids are wonderful.  I am trying to change my avatar, but not having any luck.   Hugs, Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views