I am home

Patricia R.
on 12/19/07 11:51 am - Perry, MI
Well, my hernia surgery was scheduled for 11:45.  They took me back to prep at 2:05 and to the OR around 3:05.  To add to the complications, I was allergic to the morphine drip in my IV, and got very nauseous.  They finally disconnected my IV and they gave me my Lortab.   I am havingin minimal pain without the meds, so I am goinjg to head to bed. NIght night Bhgs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 12/19/07 12:25 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
I thought you were spending the night.. ?? so did they do the surgery or send you home cuz of the allergies.. or am I confused.. LOL glad you are home and going to bed tho.. nightie nite.. sleep tight
Patricia R.
on 12/19/07 2:26 pm - Perry, MI
I spent Tuesday night in the hosptail,a nd then they releasedme.  Gotta go get my protein in. hugsnn Huggles, Trish 
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 12/19/07 8:58 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
AWWEEE.. yes.. you did say Tuesday nite.. I'm confused on my days .. this year has flown by.. and now I find myself.. just going day to day to day.. they come and go so quickly.  Sorry I was confused..  On the bright side of the days going so quickly... I have a year and 1 month of sobriety in what kind of hernia was it Trish.. if you don't mind me asking??  Dan had one fixed a few months back (early spring).  It was an incisional hernia from his open RNY.. sadly he has it back.  The surgeon did not use mesh.. not sure why.. other than he said he doesn't like to.  He went to his family doctor yesterday and he said there was no hurry to fix it.. not threatening or anything.  Which with the pain meds and such.. Dan is in no hurry to have it done. Anywho.. get plenty of rest
Patricia R.
on 12/19/07 9:30 pm - Perry, MI
HI Rhonda, Yes, mine is also an incisional hernia from open rny.  My surgeon did use the mesh, so I expect few problems.  Mine was bothering me terribly, and made me look pregnant.  I am on Lortab, the liquid vicodin, same as after my wls.   I am resting. 
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 12/20/07 11:10 am - So. Easton, MA
Hey Trish!!  Happy to hear you're doing so well post-op!!  Hugs, Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views