AWOL

Patricia R.
on 12/11/07 11:54 am - Perry, MI
Hey everybody, I have been kind of in hiding the past few weeks.  My psych changed my meds, and it was a rough transition.  I also went through a physical slump with my B-12 plummetting till I got my shot last night.  My depression has been so low, it sucked big time.  I have had severe drinking urges, have not been to my meetings, and I had some serious self-harm thoughts for a few days.   I feel like I have turned the corner, and am on my way out of it.  I have been doing some hard work in my therapy with my therapist, revolving around men and my identity.  Not easy topics for me.  I have also been corresponding with a potential guy, who says he is from Western PA, out near Pittsburgh.  We are in the e-mail getting to know you phase, about to go to phone calls, and real human conversation.  I am trying to take it slow, but I am finding that hard to do, as we e-mail daily, and have a great deal in common, from what I can tell.   I am also in the process of trying to make some Christmas presents, like a scarf for my son's girlfriend, and some Christmas stockings for my granddaughter, daughter-in-law and myself.  My staircase looks so neat with all of the stockings on it.  I have 7 so far, just need mine added, and it will be complete.  I will try to post a pic of it on my page later on this week when I finish mine. I hope you are all well.  I feel bad that I was away from the board.   Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 12/12/07 1:09 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

Hi Trish..  I'm glad you're climbing yourself back up outta that hole cuz you've been sorely missed around here.   Don't feel bad.. just don't do it again.. LOL..  Can't wait to see the pics of the stockings..  and GO SLOW.. on the "potential guy" friend.. speaking of which.. I wonder how Michelle is doing.. ??

Anywho.. congratulations on getting thru all the **** you've been going thru and not drinking.. KUDOS!!!

love ya,Rhonda

Patricia R.
on 12/12/07 1:21 am - Perry, MI
Hi Rhonda, I did put some pics on my page here of myself, my son, Chris with his bride, and my precious granddaughter.  Check them out. Thanks for the encouragement.  Part of the hole was physical, which sucked. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 12/12/07 1:59 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
I know something "VIRUS" bug is going around.. Dan was off work a couple weeks ago sicky.. and Kim here at work is not feeling good either.  Hope I don't get it... I'll go check out your pics..
marieh
on 12/12/07 3:16 am - So. Easton, MA
Glad you posted! I was worried! :)  I'm so glad you pulled through the murky period!! You ROCK!! :) I'll go check out the pics!!  Hugs, Marie

Patricia R.
on 12/12/07 3:35 am - Perry, MI
I got your message and will try to call you later.  I am swamped with cleaning today.  I took a personal day coz I could not sleep last night and I had so much to get done.  I am making a dent in my bedroom clutter.  It must be in order by Monday.   Hugs, Trish
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 12/12/07 3:44 am - So. Easton, MA

Good for you!  I'm on vacation this week...NOT thinking about work, other than applying and sending my resume to places closer to home. If you get busy, don't worry about  the call back. I'm just glad you're ok! :) So tell us about this new guy.... :D  DEETS!!  I WANT DEETS!!! lol!! Marie

Patricia R.
on 12/12/07 4:12 am - Perry, MI
Hi Marie, New guy lives outside of Pittsburgh, about 6+ hours away.  Divorced, has kids, seems kind and interesting.  I have not spoken to him yet.  We just got to that point this week.  Will tell you more when I have time. Hugs, Trish
Albert Schweitzer

PittsburghCutie
on 12/12/07 6:00 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Trish

*hugs*

Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
ms jay
on 12/14/07 11:34 am - OH
You may not remember me, but I lurk on this sight just to see  how you are doing and to see the inspiration that you give to others to fight any addictions they may be battling to overcome. I believe you are an inspiration to others and to me. Continue to defeat any temptations you might have,  continue to be a positive example to all of us. God put you here to help others. You are a great person and I will continue to lurk here just to see all the positive advise you have to give to others. Keep the faith and continue to be a positive role model for us all. You are in my prayers. Remember ,we had a disagreement about Grace's post  and the response you gave her awhile back. Well,  now I have great respect for you . From one fellow teacher to another, continue to inspire and educate those who need  to defeat an addiction and enjoy your  new grandbaby.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views