What I'm finding odd...

marieh
on 12/11/07 7:52 am - So. Easton, MA
I threw away my scale shortly after I got home from surgery. I'm using clothing to judge my weight loss. I'm still NOT exercising. Bad move on my part, I know. I can fit into some 16's, but I guess I'm not a *true* 16 yet. Each brand is different too, so tha'ts even stranger! I swear the jeans with the 16 tags are really a 10!   I've changed my view on my end result too. At first I was fantasizing about being a 9 again. NOW, I just want my health. My sugars are much better, but thanks to my diabetes and gum disease (common for us) my teeth are in good shape, but my gums can't support them. The bones are in very bad shape and surgery is necessary. It'll help level my sugars more too, which is good. I'm goign to try to keep to low glycemic carbs as much as possible to help me stabilize. The past few days my sugars spiked like nobody's business. (gums got inflamed and stress spiked me big time) This disease has its really bad days...but  hey...I'm waking up on the right side of the dirt, so that's a good day even when the rest of it might suck! (it's my new mantra...and I gotta LIVE it) :) How's everyone else doing?  Anyone heard from Michelle??  Marie

Patricia R.
on 12/11/07 10:26 am - Perry, MI
Hi Marie, My teeth have been in horrible shape for years.  I did a few years of bulimic purging, which destroyed the enamel on my teeth.  I am in the process of rebuilding them.  I also need a periodontal eval, but can't afford it right now.   I am doing lousy physically right now.  I was late in getting my B-12 shot this month and kept falling asleep early in the evenings.  I finally got my shot last night, and hopefully it will kick in soon. I have my hernia surgery on Tuesday of next week, the 18th.  I would appreciate you all praying.  Also, I lost your number, so if you could e-mail it to me, I would appreciate it.   Super hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views