What to do ?

Sarah B
on 11/29/07 11:55 am - Whittier, CA
Do you ever have blackouts?
RHONDA FROM KY
on 11/29/07 9:46 pm, edited 11/29/07 9:48 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

I think that most all of us love the affect.. it sure wasn't the taste that I was after.. especially in beer.. LOL..  I loved the way it made me more open and friendly.. and social.. and I was much prettier.. and could even talk to people of the opposite sex without fear!! I was able to shoot pool better and not to mention dance.. boy could I dance better.. LOL.. and SING.. so I thought!!  anywho..  yes drinking was a wonderful way to socialize and mask our true selves.  If I could go back and it was as it was in the beginning.. I probably would. BUT.. the disease progressed.. it became ugly.. the fun lasted maybe a couple hours.. but then if it was fun I sure as hell don't remember.. cuz I was in a blackout.  But sometimes.. it was more arguing.. than fun.  It was shortlived... cuz when I came out of the drunk.. it was fear.. paranoia.. self hate.. I realized when looking at someone drunk one night.. that it was UGLY.. and I didn't want to look or act that way NO MORE.. and thank GOD.. I found a way ..to a better life.   AND I AM MUCH HAPPIER..  a girlfriend/coworker came into work this morning... she was out last nite drinking and she's hung over.. red face/rosacea.. hot flashes.. anxiety.. tired.. eating everything..  she asked me to answer the door today, cause she knows she probably smells of liquor. I sure don't miss all that..  meditate.. picture the life you want.. take the steps needed to get you there!!  I'm 46.. we are of the age that we need to start remembering our next 40 years

matt
on 11/30/07 7:55 am - fairfield, CA
Sara I had blackouts 20  years  ago when I was in the army and maybe 2 times since then but I know when to stop now. If I feel my balance or speech is being affected I stop or switch to water or coffee. 99 percent of the time I stop .  I try to never drink and drive and will only drive if I have had 2 beers or less. Still I need to stop drinking completely. Thanks for the advise Rhoda
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views