OT Outward Bound

hockeyhottie
on 11/12/07 1:34 am - Madison Heights, MI
Not sure if this would be the right place to ask this question but I figured it couldn't hurt. I normally post over on the Friends and Family board and know Rhonda, Dan and Liz from there. Anyone here familiar with, particpate in or have a family member that participated in this program? Looking for some feedback on personal experiences. Thanks all, Mel
RHONDA FROM KY
on 11/12/07 1:49 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

Hi Mel I saw your post asking this on the F&F Board.. but didn't have any knowledge.  Actually I googled to see what it even was..  Just wanted to say Hi.. and I hope you find what you are looking for!! hugsss, Rhonda

hockeyhottie
on 11/13/07 7:24 pm - Madison Heights, MI
Hey Rhonda! :wave: Having a few hiccups with the kiddo...and thought perhaps some folks here might have gone through the program or had a family member go through it. Sort of a stab in the dark I know but I figured what the heck. :-) Big hugs to you and Daniel. :kiss:
Patricia R.
on 11/13/07 12:24 pm - Perry, MI
When I was in college, I participated in an environmental education program that used an Outward Bound course, and some of the activities to teach team building activities, as well as problem solving activities. From what I remember, and this is going back over 20 years ago, the activities use the necessity of teamwork, as well as challenging oneself to stretch one's personal limits.  It also challenges a person to use problem solving skills, in a team setting, to overcome physical and emotional obstacles.   Sorry I can't tell you more.  Have you looked online for more information? Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

hockeyhottie
on 11/13/07 7:20 pm - Madison Heights, MI
Yes I have. I just was hoping to get some feedback on whether the program was helpful in getting  the participant back on track so to speak. My son is a great kid but he's not using his full potential and is telling us that he really doesn't care how well he does in school and has no goals for himself. He's not using narcotics or alcohol and doesn't smoke however he uses video gaming much the same way that an addict uses his drug of choice to escape. We are also concerned  that this apathy maybe be depression and have no ruled that out. I was just looking for a program that might help give him some direction and build his confidence alongside some therapy and tutoring and although quite expensive thought that Outward Bound might provide that "something else" to boost him up. Thanks for your response Trish. :-)
Patricia R.
on 11/13/07 10:48 pm - Perry, MI
I think it has the potential of doing what you hope for your son.  It is challenging yet not harsh, which a good kid like your son might benefit from.  I hope you find what you are looking for. God bless. Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views