SERENITY..

RHONDA FROM KY
on 10/31/07 12:38 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
http://www.cptryon.org/prayer/special/serenity.html today I feel like I'm struggling with letting go.. I so badly need to work my 4th step.. and have NOT. I'm still living in my old ways.. trying to control the things I have no control over. And today my shoulders feel so heavy.. from needless weight. Please pray for me that I'm able to take the next step soon.. And I'm still not sure how to work AA and Alanon together.. if anyone has a clue there please advise.  I want to give the love and support to Dan.. but often I feel like his journey thru recovery and hardships he suffers are ones that I have to carry and *fix*.  Not that HE expects that.. he just shares his feelings with me.. it's something that I take on myself and need to learn how to handle.  Perhaps it's the nurturing side of women.. or the control issues of ME.. hell if I know.  Guess I need to say the Serenity Prayer just a few more times today.. hugs with LOVE, Rhonda 
Karen N.
on 10/31/07 12:38 pm - Charlotte, NC

Has your sponsor recommended Al-anon or are did you make this decision yourself? Being new to soberity, I would think you should concentrate on AA only until you've gone through your steps.

Get the pencil on the paper with that 4th....You can do it.....JUST FOR TODAY  Writing

Pray for willingness.

Friend of Bill W.   "I come from a long line of plump women with bad knees"

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 786 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 770 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 993 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1701 views