Hernia Surgery

Patricia R.
on 10/30/07 12:37 pm - Perry, MI
I saw my surgeon today and it looks like I am going to be having surgery in December to repair an incisional hernia.  I feel kind of weird about it, because I had really, really hoped not to miss a lot of school this year.  I also feel like I am being a big baby, because it is not life threatening, just painful.  I had hoped to hang in there till next summer, but that does not seem to be possible now. In the meantime, Frank just does not give up.  He called again this evening.  I was on my way into the school where I teach GED classes.   I have another problem now.  I have been having phone conversations with my high school boyfriend for years now.  He has a drinking problem, and calls me a lot in the evening, after his wife goes to bed.  He asks me about drinking, and AA, and all that stuff.  When we were dating in high school, we used to get high and drink and do the wild thing a lot.  Problem is, I feel like I am falling for him.  He lives two hours away, in the town my mom lives in.  I have not seen him since 1981.  I was married then, and we almost had an affair at that time.  He was single.  Now, I am single and he is married.  Go figure. Well, my head is all screwed around and squirrelly.  I am kind of anxious about the surgery.  I am not concerned for my health, or anything like that.  It is the hassles of missing work, and all that goes into that. I have to go to bed. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Karen N.
on 10/31/07 12:47 pm - Charlotte, NC

It sounds to me like you are treading on some really thin ice. I suggest you call your sponsor at once and read this post to her.  There is A LOT more going on here than you missing work.

Said in love,

Karen

Friend of Bill W.   "I come from a long line of plump women with bad knees"

Patricia R.
on 10/31/07 12:59 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks Karen, I will discuss this with my sponsor.  I assume you are referring to the high school boyfriend part when you mention "thin ice."  It is way too late to call her now, 11:00 p.m. my time.  I will call her after work tomorrow, as I won't see her at my morning meeting. I just got home from my therapist's office, and have a lot to process.  It was a good session, and I am grateful that while the squirrels have been running loose in my head, they have not succeeded in getting me to act out. Gotta go to bed. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Karen N.
on 10/31/07 1:01 pm - Charlotte, NC

Good deal. Hope you have a peaceful nights sleep. I'm on my way, too.

Karen

Friend of Bill W.   "I come from a long line of plump women with bad knees"

RHONDA FROM KY
on 10/31/07 9:30 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Hi Trish..  Hope you got a restful nights sleep..  I agree with Karen.. please talk to your sponsor on all these issues.  Of course my concerns are the old friend *whom you use to drug with, who's now married*.. Frank.. and the surgery.  Altho just minor surgery, all surgery is serious and you will need an action plan on how you will be regulating the pain pills *if those are a problem/issue to you*.   Take care Rhonda
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 786 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 770 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 993 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1701 views