Awesome Birthday Dinner

Patricia R.
on 10/29/07 11:40 am - Perry, MI

My family is the best.  They made reservations at a restaurant that is known for huge portions.  My sister-in-law bought a tiara at a craft store and put a big 50 on it and made me wear it.  My sister went to a florist and had them make me a sash with "1957 Classic" on it, on red ribbon, and made me wear it.  My dear friends from work and church were there as well.  My friends from work gave me a $100 gift card from Macy's to buy clothes with, because they have been rooting for me since my surgery.  I also got a $25 gift card to a craft store that I buy yarn at.   So, on Sunday, I bought some sweaters and pants, and an outfit for Isabel for Christmas.  I also bought tons of yarn to make scarves for Christmas presents, and a shawl for my mom.  (Yarn is addictive, but it is an okay addiction.) Hugs, Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 10/29/07 11:45 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

Good Evening Trish..

I'm so happy that your 50th was so nice for YOU.. you most certainly deserve it!! and thanks for the little chuckle on the comment.. .."(Yarn is addictive, but it is an okay addiction.) " too cute
hugs and a BIG ole' sloppy birthday kiss to YOU..

Patricia R.
on 10/29/07 12:33 pm - Perry, MI
Rhonda, One time I was at the craft store with my daughter, and I was trying so hard not to go into the yarn department I hung out with Colleen in the scrapbooking section.  She looked at me and said, "Mom, you don't have to stay with me."  I went to the yarn department and came back with 9 skeins of yarn in my arms, to make an afghan for my youngest son.  That happened in 2003.  I still haven't finished that afghan.   Today I bought 6 skeins of yarn, and yesterday I bought 4.  I have no idea how many balls and skeins I have stored upstairs.  I belong to two knitting groups.  One meets once a month, the other meets twice a month.  We have a nice time sharing patterns and talking and telling stories about our kids and families.  In one group, I am one of the youngest people there.  LOL.  It reminds me of the stories about Pennsylvania Dutch women getting together at quilting bees. When I moved out of my house after my divorce, I had two huge garbage bags of yarn stored in a closet.   I make a lot of baby blankets, and ponchoes.  I also make buntings, and scarves and Christmas stockings.  Right now I am making a shawl for my mom.   Sorry to babble.  Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Curious G.
on 10/29/07 6:57 pm - Peachtree City, GA
Happy birthday beautiful!  I'm so glad your celebration was so nice!  You definitely deserve it! My mother used to crochet - I have this afgan she made and it's the only thing I have of hers/from her.  I've never used it.  It's pretty though :-) Love you - here's to many more wonderful birthdays!  *cheers*  (apple juice *wink*) love, Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

marieh
on 10/29/07 8:51 pm - So. Easton, MA

Hey chickie!!  I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time!!   I've never knit. My daughter loves it. She taught herself to knit and does some amazing things. I like stained glass, myself. I  need to remodel the basement a bit to carve out some studio space for it! (I'm too afraid I'd kill ppl with those needles!) LOL Happy Knitting, Marie!

jastypes
on 10/30/07 9:28 pm - Croydon, PA
I have a sister addicted to yarn.  But, alas, there is no YA group near her.  LOL.  I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday dinner.  You deserve it!  Talk to you soon about getting together for "coffee".

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

DarDar
on 10/31/07 12:01 am - exton, PA
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I’m a Scorpio too, I was born in 1957 too, I love to knit too, I’m a recovering alcoholic too. Boy, we have a lot in common....LOL

However, I’m pretty sure that I won’t have the turn out that you had for your birthday. You are a really blessed woman!

I’m glad you had a great birthday....you deserve it!

Happy Birthday,

DarDar

339/197/124 (yeah...right)
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 786 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 770 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 993 views
What triggers your anxiety