Bubble Baths

Patricia R.
on 10/24/07 1:08 pm - Perry, MI
Well, the phone rang again this evening.  It was Frank.  I let it go to voicemail, as I did not want to deal wtih the temptation.  I have trouble saying "No."  What else is new?  Instead, I headed up to my exercise bike and rode for 30 minutes.  Then, I headed into the bathroom and ran a bubble bath, something I had not done in ages.  I have some Avon Hyacinth scented bubble bath, and it was glorious.  My cat was so curious about the bubbles and me in the water.  She was a sight.  I had forgotten how relaxing it is to pamper myself in that way.  Afterward, I felt a little more at peace. I am still struggling with depression and a feeling of being overwhelmed financially.  It is so discouraging, and sometimes just insane.  I am trying to seek guidance from God on a long term solution, but not sure what to do just yet.   Anywho, I am still exhausted, and still anxious, but the urge to act out is lessened, not gone, but lessened.   Hugs,    Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jastypes
on 10/24/07 9:32 pm - Croydon, PA

I am so happy to hear you are not acting out.  I know it took a lot not to answer the phone, especially when there are other stressors (like freakin' money!) going on.  The bubble bath sounds wonderful.  I haven't sat in a bathtub for years.  I bet I could do that now, huh?  Maybe I'll try that this weekend!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

marieh
on 10/25/07 11:21 am - So. Easton, MA

There is something to be said for a relaxing bubble bath. My sister swears by them. I don't normally take them, but if I really need too relax, I go to temple and let G-d welcome me. We all do what we need to to find that restful place! :)

I'm glad your urge to act out is lessened!

Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 786 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 770 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 993 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1701 views