the Lord works in mysterious ways..

RHONDA FROM KY
on 10/22/07 9:58 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
yesterday I post about procrastinating.. sitting on my hands..  I called my sponsor yesterday.. we chatted about how each of us are and I said I would see her at the 7o'clock meeting.  It's at a rehab facility.  Went.. we socialized with others.. it was good and then a man about my age gave his lead.. actually another very good lead.  I felt for him because his son who had been sick for many years but was kinda healthy at the time.. died suddenly this year on Mother's Day.  So alot of his lead was about him and dealing with those struggles.. but he still has no desire to drink as he wants to be there for his wife and two other kids.  AWESOME...  Well... after the Lords Prayer the girl across from me and my sponsor asked me if I would give a LEAD for her Wednesday at the same place at 6o'clock *look of sheer PANIC*  My inside voice was going 20 miles a minutes.. saying ****  I can't do this.. I've not read the book.. I've not worked the steps.. and my other self.. was saying .. but they say never say no..  I looked at my sponser and she said .. it's okay.. you can do it.   Soooo I'm giving my FIRST LEAD tomorrow nite.. *PLEASE PRAY FOR ME*.. I told my sponsor that my lead only might last 15 minutes.. *why is THAT my fear.. lol.. * and she assured me if it's only 15 minutes that that's okay.. cuz most of the inmates (patients) are probably just wanting it over anyway so they can go outside to smoke.  She reminded me that the attention span isn't long for newbies.  So I guess that's the best place for me to begin *happy anxiety fear nervous wanna throw up but hope it might help someone else* kinda feelings today  Any and all tips would be appreciated.. I was wanting to write down something.. but remembered that all the other leads that I've been to don't... they kinda just let their HIGHER POWER inspire what they say, instead of so much thinking..  is this right.. that I shouldn't journal my lead??   Thanks so much to all of you.. each and everyone of you are always a daily inspiration to me.. in your good days and bad days you are always helping me to maintain my sobriety... and for THAT I'm grateful
PittsburghCutie
on 10/23/07 1:02 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Coolio....I kinda like leading....but I only lead when I am down hittin rock bottom and I need to hear others experiences or just listen in general.

Good luck and don't be nervous, the more involved I become in AA the better I feel. I do readings, leads, laugh, cry.....it's all good.

Good luck sweet tits...
Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
~~*jamie*~~ .
on 10/23/07 5:01 am - Martinez, CA
Woo Hoo...good for you, Rhonda...my advice is just speak from your heart, because I can tell from your posts here that you will have something truly worthwhile, that someone in that room needs to hear right at that moment, to say!! Please let us know how things go...I'll say a little prayer for you! Hugs and Blessings, Jamie
              live simply. love generously. care deeply. speak kindly. life is short. break the rules. forgive quickly. kiss slowly. love truly. laugh uncontollably. leave the rest to god.  

Patricia R.
on 10/24/07 8:34 am - Perry, MI
If you read this before your meeting, just remember to share your experience, strength and hope.  In essence, what it was like, what happened, and what it is like now.  I always emphasize the hope part.   I am confident that you can do it, and that it will be a great experience for you. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 10/24/07 12:43 pm - So. Easton, MA
You SO rock!!!  You're ready for this!! You lead HERE...you can lead anywhere! Feel comfy in your own shoes..and remember...you're an inspiration to ALL of us here girl!!  Please let us know how you did and how you felt about it all after!! Hugs, Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views