Didn't make it

niecey
on 10/22/07 12:34 am - Wilmington, NC
I feel like such a failure.  I had 9 days of sobriety and slipped this weekend, all weekend.  My boyfriend said he can't take it anymore and neither can I.  I don't deserve this crap.  I haven't been to a meeting since last Monday.  I think I need to go to the lunchtime meeting today, a woman's group.  Thanks for letting me confess and vent.  Pray for me please.

DarDar
on 10/22/07 1:19 am - exton, PA

Please stop beating up on yourself. Start over, go to a meeing today. Try 90 meetings in 90 days.

I was a daily drinker so I went to 2 or 3 meetings a day.  BTW, I also work 40 to 50 hours a week. I went to a meeting in the morning, than another one at 5:30 and then another on one at 8.  I had to keep this schedule up in order to get time.  I'm not saying you should do 2 or 3 meetings a day. I'm just sugguesting 1 meeting a day.  Do you have a sponsor? If not...start shopping for one. Develop an AA network of friends. Don't just collect phone numbers....use them.  There is help out there for you. Hang in there...it will get better. DarDar

339/197/124 (yeah...right)
niecey
on 10/22/07 1:26 am - Wilmington, NC
Thanks for the support.  I'm going to a noon meeting today during my lunch hour.  I will get some phone numbers today.

Karen N.
on 10/22/07 1:25 am - Charlotte, NC

Failures quit trying to succeed.

Your plan for a meeting is a good one. Another meeting tonight is a great plan!

You are not alone in this journey. Reach out for help and it will be there.

You are in my prayers,

Karen

Friend of Bill W.   "I come from a long line of plump women with bad knees"

Patricia R.
on 10/22/07 2:19 am - Perry, MI
Keep trying. You are only a failure if you give up on yourself. Early sobriety is rocky for many of us. Mine was. Just keep getting up and trying. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Telbereth
on 10/22/07 2:23 am - SW , MO
I am amazed at how difficult it is to put together that first string of days. Its taken me many attempts and God willing I will finally hit double digits tomorrow. Good Luck!
Beginning My Real Life

A Work in Progress

RHONDA FROM KY
on 10/22/07 5:15 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

I will pray for double digits for YOU

RHONDA FROM KY
on 10/22/07 2:31 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

So glad you posted..

A slip is much better than a relapse.. and it's awesome that YOU want this.  Now to just make it happen for you.. one day at a time.  Glad you are going to a meeting.. Hang in there we are all here to support YOU

marieh
on 10/22/07 10:22 am - So. Easton, MA

Denise,

You are NOT a failure! You've picked yourself up and formed a plan!! Please try to get to a meeting. Give yourself a gift and find a sponsor if you can! I'ts not easy, but nothing truly worth having ever is! I'm behind you!!! We all are here for you!!!!  Big Hugs, Marie

Curious G.
on 10/22/07 8:26 pm - Peachtree City, GA
I read a quote somewhere the other day by Michael Jordan.  It was something along the lines of "I've missed 10,200 shots, lost 5600 games and fallen on my butt 500 times.  That's how I got to be the success I am today". Each day you are alive is a new chance, a new opportunity, a new shot at being sober.  Don't quit fighting.  Don't quit trying.  *DO* quit beating yourself up. Let us know how you're doing! love and light, Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views