I'm not going to cry....

PittsburghCutie
on 10/18/07 5:06 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I've been fiercly working step 4 and sliding into step 5.

I want to cry...I'm not going to cry....but I think I just broke my fathers heart.

I'm the responsible child, graduated college, never asked for anything, always had money, never disrespected, always had good grades, bought my first house on my own, bought all my cars....the responsible daughter of my fathers 3 daughters.

I finally told my dad that I've had 2 felonies for DUI in the last 4 years, and I have a court case on the 29th telling me if I'm going to jail or if I'm going to be on house arrest, possibly over the holidays, possibly not.

He was very understanding, didn't yell, talked to me like a normal human being, which I am thankful for.

He says he doesn't judge his daughters, never implies bad things, never assumes things on us....I just think I broke my dad's heart.

My other 2 sisters are **** up's. For real.

I definatly need to hit a meeting tonight, because right now I feel like ****

Thanks for listening.
Liz
Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
Loril
on 10/18/07 7:30 am - Hopkins, MN

Go ahead and cry....sounds like you have a great dad who is there for you.  I am a "daddy's girl" and I know he loves me no matter what....and it sounds like you have a good relationship with yours too.  I'm sure any pain he has is just feeling bad for stuff that you're going through.  If he's anything like my dad, you didnt break his heart....he just wants nothing but the very best for you and problably wishes he could make it go away for you, you know, kiss it and make it all better....remember those days? Hang tough!  We;re here if you need it.   PS love the pic!  nice to put a face wiht the name. Lori

Lori at Goal  

RNY October 2004

Patricia R.
on 10/18/07 8:08 am, edited 10/18/07 8:08 am - Perry, MI
Liz, It's okay to cry.  It sounds like your dad is very understanding and loves you no matter what.  When my son told me he was bisexual, I told him that there is nothing he could tell me that would change my love for him.  A year later, he called me from his second rehab, while on probation, to tell me he had been using for almost a year.  I reminded him that there was nothing he could do that would make me stop loving him.  I also told him that if he needed a lung, I would give him one.   You are going to be okay.  It may be difficult, but you are going to be okay.  You are being responsible in facing up to the conseauences without picking up.  That takes courage, and maturity. Hugs, Trish PS: Love the pic. 
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Daniel J.
on 10/18/07 10:22 am, edited 10/18/07 10:25 am - Alexandria, KY

Hey Baby-girl.. like the others said.. it's okay to cry.  I would.. and probably will when I tell my mom/dad the harm my drinking has done to me.. I don't think they knew exactly how far down the drunken path I was..  for some reason.. she just thought I wound up with drunks.. not that I was one too.  Unless she knew.. and just didn't say much to me other than "Rhonda don't drink.. or be careful.."  She knew I hung in a "saloon" as she calls 'em.  So she had to know something.  Anyway.. she doesn't know that I had gotten a DUI about two years ago. So..  altho I may be 11 months out.. you are definitely surpassing me in being responsible.. and working the Steps to maintain your sobriety and grow spiritually.   YOU know that your daddy loves you unconditionally..  I learned that my mom did many years ago.. I think when she threatened to disown us girls if we would up pregnant.. only to learn it was a trick.  She would not have disowned us.. but it worked for me and even backfired on her.. I never did have a kid..  Anyway..  I'm sure your daddy is just concerned and worried for you having to go thru all this (any person would be for someone they love and care about).  I don't think you broke his heart hun.. I'm sure his heart just hurts a little cuz he wants you to be all well.  And you're working on that and in time he will see what a better person you are.  Always was/is his loving daughter.. but a better person!!  Just keep talking to him and reaching out.. so he knows you are okay and getting better. I'm so very proud of you Lizzie.. you might have to give ME some pointers on this Step 4 thingy.. you seem to be pretty good at it

SIGNED~~ RHONDA 

RHONDA FROM KY
on 10/18/07 10:24 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Sorry Lizzie.. this was me *Rhonda* posting under Dan's sign on.
marieh
on 10/18/07 2:04 pm - So. Easton, MA
Geez Rhonda, for a minute I was wondering if your sexual orientation was gonna undergo a transformation. (and I dn't mean that in a mean way...I've several friends in all stages of transition) Thanks for the clarification!! :) Marie

marieh
on 10/18/07 2:07 pm - So. Easton, MA

Hon,

He not only loves you, I am sure he's very PROUD of you for owning your own. THAT takes guts and don't think for one second it doesn't!! You are a remarkable woman, Liz...have faith in your dad as well as your higher power! You did the right thing...the very hard and courageous thing...and he won't dismiss any of that! Marie GO SOX!!

Curious G.
on 10/18/07 9:24 pm - Peachtree City, GA
Aww Liz - he loves you.  It will be ok. I encountered something similar with my own father.  My daddy raised me.  My alcoholic mother split when I was about 9, so he saw first hand how nuts somebody in that state can become.  When I told him about my DUI and that I had been going to AA, I seriously thought I'd finally done it - disappointed him to the point of no return.   BUT - that's where step 9 saves our butts.  Amends.  On my year sobriety anniversary he told me how proud he was of me for my strength courage and ability to acknowledge problems and take the necessary steps to fix them.  That's a living amends girlfriend.  Keep doing the right things, keep showing character, practicing principles in all your affairs.  Keep your own side of the street clean and hold your head high no matter the world's response. As a parent, I agree with Trish - there's nothing my kids could do that would make me stop loving them.  I don't have to like or support behaviors.  I *will* be disappointed sometimes because they are their own people.  But - once they reach adulthood - they have their own paths and their own higher powers, and I have to let them go down their paths no matter how I feel.  I have to do this with love and tolerance. Cry my dear - you did something very difficult in coming clean with pops.  Each tough step is a brick in that wall between you and the next drink! I love you and am so very proud of you! love and light, Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views