Day 3

Loril
on 10/10/07 4:27 am - Hopkins, MN
Feeling much better about my slip last weekend, not beating myself up so much now.  Clearer head I guess.  I'm feeling confident, but I did last time around day 3, so I will not be over confident.  THanks to you all for your well wishes!  I need those positive vibes!! Telbereth-Thank you for your kind words and encouragment.  It's funny because when I posted that I slipped I felt badly about myself, that I couldnt "keep up" with you for longer than 5 days.  Nope, I am not saying this is a competition or anything, but I felt so guilty for slipping so quickly---hard to explain, I don't want it to come out wrong or backward... it's just nice to know I'm not alone is all I'm saying.  Everytime I disappoint myself (in any way) I am sure that I am the only person on the planet that has done so. So thanks to you all, the support is priceless and I am so thankful for this board!! Lori

Lori at Goal  

RNY October 2004

jastypes
on 10/10/07 6:09 am - Croydon, PA
Congratulations on Day 3!  You go girl!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

diana1073
on 10/10/07 6:46 am
Loril, Congratulations on three days.  I just joined the site today because I need support for the same problems.  Monday was my first day, so this is my third day...  Don't know why but today is especially hard for me.  Trying to do my 90 in 90 with AA and luckily I have a meeting tonight.  But all I want right now is a drink.  In my mind, I keep likening it to a diet and how when I used to cheat it made me feel just awful.  But, a cheat on a diet is not nearly as devastating as a cheat with drinking. Keep your chin up, we can both do this! diana
Patricia R.
on 10/10/07 9:39 am - Perry, MI
Diana, Congratulations on trying to do a 90 in 90.  I have never fully succeeded in doing one, but I can tell you that even attempting it helped me tremendously in my recovery.  Get phone numbers of women and call a couple women each day to get to know them.  I also hope you find a sponsor and start doing some stepwork. During my first few months of sobriety, my life was chaos due to things out of my control.  I went to meetings and shared how I wanted to get drunk all the time.  I kept going to meetings and kept sharing how I wanted to drink, and how I wouldn't for today.  That was six years ago.   Be honest and share how you want to drink.  Don't be embarassed to say that in a meeting.  Eventually, you will find the urge goes away, and you will start to feel normal without drinking.  That comes from working the steps and being honest. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 10/10/07 9:35 am - Perry, MI
Lori, My recovery is one day at a time.  In AA, I learned to cope with the urges and feelings that come up in life.  I also learned to help others who suffer similarly.   I hope you are getting some sort of support, if not AA, then Women for Sobriety, or some program where you are getting social support and encouragement.  Research shows that people who have social support are more successful. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Telbereth
on 10/11/07 1:53 am - SW , MO

Lori, I think I know exactly how you feel.  I was not looking forward to coming in and talking about my slip, when that happens I tend to beat myself up and berate myself for all of the folks I have disappointed and you've been added to that list of people who I feel like I let down.  Like it or not girl you've moved into the list of folks that I care about and who I don't want to let down! 

I hate this damn disease.  It slowly kills off pieces of you and your loved ones and you are conscious of it happening but can't seem to stop it.  It's like putting your hand into a snow drift during the middle of winter...you can watch the frostbite setting in but you leave it in snow because its numb and it hurts more when you try to save it by warming it up than just leaving it in. Guess you can tell kindof down today.  Good news is I have surgery on Monday (hip) and I'll be either in the hospital or laid up so I won't have any access to booze.  I'll take the assistance in any form it comes.  

Beginning My Real Life

A Work in Progress

RHONDA FROM KY
on 10/11/07 4:02 am, edited 10/11/07 4:04 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

sorry you are feeling down.. best wishes on your surgery.  Have you mentioned to your doctor/surgeon about your disease called alcoholism yet.. ??  Please consider doing that.. they can help alter/monitor the type of pain killers they give you upon release..  we would hate for you to jump addictions   btw.. I've been to many meetings where the lead states they had to be *locked up* so as not to have access to the bottle.. that is a very wise person who can admit and do that.  Sometimes inpatient rehab is a very good thing.. it removes the person from the bottle.. it allows dr's to monitor the person thru detox so they don't seizure.. and educates them further about how to make positive changes.  Sometimes the body needs to just get thru that detox period of actually *needing* the alcohol to make it.  And there are prescriptions out there that assists with *cravings*.. All of this can be discussed with your doctor!!  It's nothing I'm sure he's not heard before... and probably very much appreciates when a patient is asking requesting help..  I wouldn't be surprised if a few doctors aren't in the *AA Program* themselves.. hugsss, Rhonda

Telbereth
on 10/11/07 1:57 am - SW , MO
Diana, Good to have you be part of our little "date" club.  The more the merrier!
Beginning My Real Life

A Work in Progress

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views