SLEEP

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/07 12:07 pm - Duncanville, TX
DOES ANYONE HAVE TO TAKE A SLEEPING PILL TO GO TO SLEEP.??? . I DO.
Curious G.
on 10/7/07 8:02 pm - Peachtree City, GA
I did for about my first month sober. This might sound nutty, but the BEST suggestion I can give you is for you to learn to meditate.  I have some excellent meditation techniques I use to fall asleep now. hugs!   Hope you get some rest, Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/07 10:42 pm - Duncanville, TX
Hi Michelle ! Thank you for the info.  I try meditation and see where it will take me. hugs! to you to Leawanda
Patricia R.
on 10/8/07 12:59 pm - Perry, MI
Hi there, I am on a bunch of psychotropic meds for a variety of things and one of them helps me to sleep.  It is not a sleeping pill but has powerful sedative effects just the same. If you are on a prescription, I would suggest that you might want to consider therapy to help you work through whatever life issues may be coming up.  I have also learned to self-soothe in therapy.  This helps me not to do the old addictive behaviors, though I have not mastered this just yet. Meditation is one way to self-soothe.  There are other ways to do that as well. Good luck. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views