Messed Up.....

Cheryl M.
on 10/6/07 2:48 pm - Apex, NC
Was very proud of myself this am.... no wine for 6 days - (Sun-Fri). Was making a nice dinner tonight (no excuse) and thought I'd treat myself to a "glass" of chardonnay. HA! No such thing! Bought a bottle and, first sip, was already thinking about how fast it would go.... Then, my sister called, with her own crisis.... honestly, something that doesn't happen too often... I offered to come offer (she lives just 10 houses away) and brought a bottle of red and white.... and "the rest is history".... DAMN!!!!! I'd done so well all week.... stupid me, thinking I could handle this "test"... I can barely type out this message... really pissed at myself that I couldn't manage this first "challenge".... How bad is it that it's taken me 15 minutes to "peck" out this message.... shows just how much I can't handle this.... I'm very disappointed in myself... I know tomorrow am is another day, and I will start over.... but I'm just so ticked at myself.... grrrrrr I'm off to bed..... hopefully a new start tomorrow... Cheryl
Patricia R.
on 10/7/07 3:31 am - Perry, MI
Hi Cheryl, It so sucks to slip and mess up.  I have been there and done that.  It took me months to put together 90 days.  I mean, like from October to June.  I got 90 and then drank, and then got 30 and then drank, and on and on.  That was 18 years ago.  After I relapsed, I didn't care about my sobriety for a few years.   Keep this a slip and don't let it turn into a relapse.  Get back on the wagon.  Are you using support, such as AA?  The AA meetings help me so much, I could not stay sober without them.  I went to one at 6:30 a.m. today. Learn from this and remember, if you don't have the first drink, you can't get drunk.  Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 10/7/07 9:39 pm - Houston, TX
Dust yourself off and try again.. I have over 12 years in but everyday is a daily struggle.. Remember that you have support here..  PEACE
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
marieh
on 10/7/07 11:56 pm - So. Easton, MA

Cheryl,

Take it ONE DAY AT A TIME...just like the saying goes. One day, an hour, a minute. It's what I did. I knew that one was too many and 1000 would never be enough, so when I stopped, I knew I couldn't restart.  Do WHATEVER it takes to stay dry.  For the first 2 yrs. of my sobriety, I refused wedding invitations, going to restaurants with a bar, etc.  I made a committment to myself and family to stay away from booze.

In fact, my g/'f called and asked if I could do her a favor and stop at a liquor store and get her a bottle of wine on my way over. I said "I'm sorry, but I've not gone into a packie for 21 yrs. I can't start now...." She understood. THAT is a real friend...Be a friend to yourself now...and don't beat yourself up for being human. But get back on track. Get to a meeting if that's your lifeline. 

Hugs to you, Marie

RHONDA FROM KY
on 10/8/07 12:56 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

I agree with the others.  Pick yourself up.. and carry on.  Don't beat yourself up.. we are human.. and it will just cause poor self-esteem that may lead to further bad behavors.  Get to a meeting.. call support people...  And thanks for sharing

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views