Day 3

Telbereth
on 10/3/07 6:16 am - SW , MO
Well much of the fog and pain has lifted. (Didn't hurt that it quit raining and we have a beautiful day here today!)  Starting to notice a pattern in my cravings so it makes it a little easier to say no, at least so far it works.  I live in a rural area and meetings are few and far between as well as far from anonymous but I do meet with a small group of men at my church every Wednesday who I am able to be totally open with so that helps. Anyways just wanted to let you know that I'm still on that wagon and working to head it in the right direction. Thanks for listening!
Beginning My Real Life

A Work in Progress

Michelle W.
on 10/3/07 6:24 am - Olmsted Falls, OH
Good for you!!! Stay strong. You may want to try this website out www.smartrecovery.com It is very helpful to people with addiction of all sorts..   Remember, One day or even one hour at a time.
DarDar
on 10/3/07 6:29 am - exton, PA
During this time, I found that reading the first 164 pages of the big book, made a world of difference to me.   Consider setting up a network of people that you can call every day.  Just even to say I'm having a hard time.  They will understand.  DarDar
339/197/124 (yeah...right)
Loril
on 10/3/07 7:02 am - Hopkins, MN
Hangin' in there with ya.  It is hard, but hoping to get to a meeting tonight for the first time ever.  I really want to do it without going to meetings, but obviously that hasnt worked so far.  Day 3 for me as well.....good luck to ya and keep your chin up!  Lori

Lori at Goal  

RNY October 2004

Patricia R.
on 10/3/07 10:38 am - Perry, MI
Congratulations on Day 3.  Keep up the good work. trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 10/3/07 10:37 am - Perry, MI
I would urge you to read the AA Big Book as well.  You con find it online. http://www.aa.org/bigbookonline/ Congrats on staying sober. Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

PittsburghCutie
on 10/4/07 12:39 am - Pittsburgh, PA

Hooray for soberness!!!

ps-73 days sober, one day at at time.
Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views