Day #1

Telbereth
on 10/1/07 3:38 am - SW , MO

The title should probably read 'Day 1 - again'.  I have some major things happening that give me great hope that I will not have to use this title again.  I'm feeling pretty nasty physically so that's keeping my mind off of any cravings.  I have some major surgery coming up in a few weeks (non-wls) I really want this stuff out of my system when I go under.  [The prospect of them misjudging the amount to give me due my increased tolerance and finding myself waking up totally weirds me out.] I will not be able to drive for 6 weeks or so and that means no access.  Therefore it seems like a support system is in place, whether I wanted it or not but I really do want it.

The day count really seems to be working for you Pittsburg Cutie so I thought I'd try the same. I've been lurking with minor postings for some time on this forum and just wanted to say thanks for the help I've already received from you all.

Beginning My Real Life

A Work in Progress

Patricia R.
on 10/1/07 4:13 am - Perry, MI
Hi there, Congrats on day 1.  We all have to start on that day.  Are you utilizing any program of recovery to help you get and stay sober?  I recommend that you attend some AA meetings and see if you can get some support there. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Loril
on 10/1/07 4:40 am - Hopkins, MN
Congrats....its actually day one for me too.....We can go through this together, I don't know what to expect but I do know it will be impossible to sleep.  And I'm under some extra stress right now (thanks to the drinking, I think my husband of only 1 year is wanting out and I don't know what to do) so this will be hard.  But I know I will be okay.  I have to be.   I will be.  I'll be looking for your posts!  Good luck to you (and me!) Lori

Lori at Goal  

RNY October 2004

Karen N.
on 10/1/07 6:07 am - Charlotte, NC

Congrats to both of you for not drinking today. You don't have to do this alone. Our minds are powerful things and we can't always think ourselves out of a drink. But there are others who have been exactly where you are and are  very willing and anxious to help. All you gotta do is ask!....or sometimes....just even hint a little.

Looking forward to an update on Day Two!

Love, Karen

Friend of Bill W.   "I come from a long line of plump women with bad knees"

RHONDA FROM KY
on 10/1/07 11:00 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
*standing ovation*  congratulations on Day ONE.. and what an important day it is.  Sure hope to see you BOTH on Day TWO.. http://www.robinsweb.com/inspiration/lordsprayer.html Keep coming back.. it works if you work it!!
PittsburghCutie
on 10/2/07 12:23 am - Pittsburgh, PA

HOOORAY FOR DAY 1!!!!!!!!!!

One day at a time sweet heart...1 hour if need be....that's the only way it's workin for me....and AA meetings nearly every day.

Stick with this board....it helps!!

Liz
Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
Michelle W.
on 10/2/07 2:12 am - Olmsted Falls, OH
Good luck, go to meetings, it makes a BIG difference.When you try to fix it on your own, it doesn't usually work for long.I know I couldn't do it without the support of my peers.Use the tools that are out there to help, and remember you are not alone.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views