Overwhelmed with emotion

PittsburghCutie
on 9/26/07 11:27 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
ok, so i come home from work yesterday....Me not knowing anything, I walk in the house, romantic music playing(which I thought was odd), dining room all lit with candles, flowers on the table, candles lit, and the actual china on the table with the good wedding silverwear.

Dinner-yummified steak, salad, and potato. Very good steak, then, he says, I got desert too. I said "Desert? Whatkind of desert?" He looks at me says, "you won't eat it, but you will enjoy it."(he knows I dump on sweets, he's seen it happen and panicked)

Out comes this cake...*getting misty eyed*...this cakes says

"One day at at time, Congratulations on day 65!"

Me thinking my husband has no idea about my AA or what day I'm on or anything of that nature pulled a good one out of his hat!

Meanwhile, this is all after eating dinner, and me whining in my selfish ways wishig I had a glass of wine, and how I want to drink every day and how it's getting worse, my thoughts of drinking are getting out of control at this point. My meetings are not working, all I want to do is drink. Bad days at work make me want to walk a block and drink. Totally not cool. I even cried during that conversation and told him I don't think I can do it any more. I found where he hid the alcohol in the house(yes, I told him I found it) and I told him he needs to get rid of it before I **** up and drink it.

After that conversation and me crying I get a cake.

Thn i feel bad cause I think Mike is oblivious to everything and anything I say....He really doe listen.

I am truly blessed to be on day 66 and to have my husband with me and help me through this.

I love you guys, and I thank you for all of the support you have given me so far.

ps-my cake is going to my meeting tonight to show them he really does pay attention(yes I've told them he pays no attention and has no idea how hard this is)

Liz
Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/26/07 11:41 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
 what a man who loves you unconditionally..  and yes I teared up reading this
Karen N.
on 9/27/07 3:13 am - Charlotte, NC

Liz,

You are going through a very difficult time of recovery. Lots of people have strong desires to drink around this time because you're feeling the changes of a new way of life and it's not comfortable. Even though it's good, it might not feel like it because it's new to you. 66 days is so awesome.

I believe your meetings are working for you. So is God, your sponsor, Mike's support, your group's support and those of us here on this board.

Try to keep things very simple until your "turn the corner" and feel better. Be good to yourself, pray in the morning (please) and the evening (thank you) and anytime you feel like drinking, ask God to remove the craving & desire and to direct your thoughts elsewhere. Go to extra meetings. Help somebody. Journal. Make a gratitude list. Almost anything can work EXCEPT drinking. That won't make a damn thing better!

You are not alone and you aren't the only one to go through this. There are others of us who managed to make it and so can you. I believe it you.

Love, Karen

Friend of Bill W.   "I come from a long line of plump women with bad knees"

DarDar
on 9/27/07 6:54 am - exton, PA

What a sweet, sweet story. What a blessing you have! DarDar

339/197/124 (yeah...right)
Patricia R.
on 9/27/07 4:02 pm - Perry, MI
That is so sweet.  My husband was never that supportive.  He always said to me, "Why should you get credit for something you should be doing anyway?"  He never drank. There was a time in my first year when I went to meetings, raised my hand, and said I wanted to get drunk, for months.  My son was living with me and he was struggling with heroin.  I was a raw emotion, and wanted to get drunk in the worst way.  The meetnig do work, you are not drinking. Do you have a sponsor yet?  Try that, and do some step work. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views