Flipped Out

Patricia R.
on 9/26/07 10:34 am - Perry, MI
I just got off the phone with my debt consolidation company.  I had to change the amount they were debiting from me last week, due to one of my creditors dropping their program from my account with them.  So, this creditor has me on one of their programs.  Well, I got a call on Friday saying that my debt consolidation company accidentally debited the wrong amount, too much, and they would refund me the difference if I wanted.  Of course I wanted it, I need it to pay the creditor on the 1st of October.  Well, I went into my checking account, and learned I bounced a check, and that the debt consolidation company had not refunded the money to me.   When I called, the girl said that because I did not return her phone call on Friday, which I did, she used the excess money to pay to other creditors.  I went ape****.  I did call her, and I told her I needed that money put back in my checking to pay my creditor.  Well, her supervisor came on and I demanded the money.  Well, she had to refer me to someone who was out to lunch.   The someone who was out to lunch called me back and informed me that the money had already been distributed to other creditors, and I could not have the money.  When I suggestedn she fire the incompetent employee who did not documentr my phone call, she said "If you did return her call..."  That was when I lost it.  How dare she doubt the veracity of my words.  I would not have known about the mistake or the possibility of a refund if I had not spoken with the incompetent employee in the first place.  I ranted and raved and lost my temper, and totally lost it.   She tried to calm me down, but I said, "How am I supposed to pay X creditor when you took the money I was going to pay them with and paid other creditors with it?"  She then made a three way call with that creditor who informed me that if I did not make the payment by the 5th, I would be dropped from a once in a lifetime program.  I flipped again.  So, now, I have to rob Peter to pay Paul because of this mess.  What upset me the most was her doubting my word.  The money that used to be used to pay X creditor was used to pay other creditors and I am out $209, $155 of which I need to pay X by next Friday.  I am so pi**ed.   I was anything but serene with this woman.  I lost all dignity and composure and acted like the maniacal bi*** I used to be back before my divorce.  I demanded she fire the incompetent woman who did not document our conversation on Friday causing this mess in the first place.   What really upset me was her use of the word "IF."  "If you called Dena back..." were her exact words.  I said to her, "How would I have known about the refund if I had not spoken to Dena in the first place?" Now, I am upset, ashamed and angry.  Part of me wants to call my therapist and cry on his shoulder.  Part of me wants to do bodily harm to some idiot in California.  Part of me wants to get a lawyer and sue these incompetent people.  (I have cheap legal services available through my union's legal fund.  My divorce cost me $250 plus expenses.  A will costs me $25.)   To make matters worse, I stayed home from my Bible study this evening to grade tests I gave earlier this week, only to learn I left the tests on my desk at work.  I intended to grade them on Monday, but I got violently ill and spent the evening in the bathroom.  Last night, I had Parents' Night at work.  I promised my students I would have their tests for them on Thursday.   Calgon take me away.......................
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/26/07 12:21 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Happy 2191 days of sobrietyand learning to handle your feelings WITHOUT drinking..  Now.. the bodily harm to someone in CA,  I guess is okay.. as long as you don't drink   lol.. sorry Trish for the mishap.. first your sister and the money and now this.. I know it must SUCK.. big time.  I'll say a prayer for ya tonite for sure.
Patricia R.
on 9/26/07 12:25 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks Rhonda, Unfortunately, or maybe it is fortunate, I can't afford the airfare to California to rip the girl an new a**hole.  Right now, I can't afford the gas money to see my therapist this week.  I just got off the phone with him to cancel this week's appointment.  Needless to say, I was not happy about that. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Curious G.
on 9/26/07 7:38 pm - Peachtree City, GA
Big hugs. I probably would have flipped out too - first gross incompetence, then questioning your integrity - bad mojo. Nothing bends me out of shape more than when somebody screws with my money/livlihood. - Well maybe when somebody messes w/my kids. My sponsor would suggest you work the steps on it - I still haven't mastered the technique of working the steps on individual conundrums myself. Sending you love and a few angels of peace ;-) hugs again, Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views