How

JessicaRaeMastro
on 9/26/07 12:47 pm - NY
Anyone have advice how to gain control when you feel as if you lost it or are giving into temptations too easily? I am speaking in terms of food, but maybe it can coincide with advice of any addictions? I feel like my dream would be to be able to hoard food, be in my own world and just eat into oblivion. It sounds terrible, I know, and I can't do it, but why is that such a desire for me? I feel like I am sinning if I eat unhealthy and that I'm failure and a huge disapointment to everyone. I am so ashamed of myself for struggling so badly with these temptations. I feel like it's torturing me. I don't know what to do, I don't want this mental battle anymore.
Patricia R.
on 9/27/07 12:42 pm - Perry, MI
I definitely empathize with you.  Some things that have helped me include Overeaters Anonymous.  I went there for years, learning about food addiction, and how to change my thinking about food.  Also, I have been in eating disorder treatment twice, as well as individual psychotherapy.  Finally, there is a great book called "The Anatomy of a Food Addiction" which describes food addiction in great detail. Keeping a food journal and being accountable to someone else about my food has helped me as well.  In fact, I need to get back to journaling my food, as I tend to overeat at night. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views