365 continuous days and nights of sobriety

Curious G.
on 9/23/07 8:10 pm - Peachtree City, GA
Disclaimer: Shameless Self-Horn-Tooting  Well guys - I made it through my first year 100% sober.  Yesterday was my sobriety birthday. One year!  That's the longest I've gone without a drink or joint since age 15.  My sponsor told me yesterday that I've had 1000 reasons to drink or use this past year and i DIDNT!  She told me how proud she is of me.  I'm pretty dammed proud of me too! I have much more work to do on me.  I still procrastinate, marinate in self pity, judge others too harshly and struggle with staying in TODAY, but yanno what?  I'm 30000 times better at these things than I used to be.   Anybody wondering if they can achieve sobriety - HELL YES YOU CAN!  It can be done - in little 24 hour chunks my friends!   I'd like to thank the academy (ha!), my friends, AA,  and well YOU guys!  This board has really been a tremendous source of support over the last year.  I truly hope to pay it forward and give of the support and gifts that have been so selflessly given to me over the past year.  I love y'all so much! With love, gratitude, light and amazement, Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/23/07 10:51 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
AWWW.. I'm sooo proud of you Michelle.. congratulations on giving yourself the most awesomest gift you can.. you deserve it ~sobriety~ remember it's all about the journey and not the destination. I'm always excited now to come to this board and find out what others have to share..   hugsss with LOVE, Rhonda
Telbereth
on 9/24/07 3:40 am - SW , MO
Michelle I am so proud and envious of your strength.  I so look forward to your posts (yours also Rhonda and the Pittsburg Gal).  Right now I don't have a meeting or group but its you all who give me inspiration.  I have not done things right recently but seeing your accomplishments helps to reinvigorate me.
Karen N.
on 9/24/07 3:41 am - Charlotte, NC

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! ! ! !

I'm so happy for you. Based on what little I know, you have had a very difficult year AS IF the first year of sobriety isn't enough on its own.

Keep doing what you've been doing one day at a time. You are already paying it forward by being a wonderful example of the program at work.

Big ol' happy hug,

Karen

Friend of Bill W.   "I come from a long line of plump women with bad knees"

DarDar
on 9/24/07 5:05 am - exton, PA
CONGRATS!!!!!
339/197/124 (yeah...right)
Patricia R.
on 9/24/07 8:27 am - Perry, MI
Michelle, I wish I could reach through cyber-space and give you the big hug  you deserve.  It has been a Hell of a year, and you have come through it with the strength, dignity and sense of humor   that we all know and love.  I just love seeing people come in and make a year.  You have done a great job of working the program and making it work.   Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Vicki C.
on 9/24/07 2:28 pm - Small Town, OH

Aw, Michelle, I don't post here, but lur****asionally mainly to keep up with how you are doing.  I just want to say how proud of you I am.  That is a major accomplishment.  I have a loved one in recovery and understand the significance of that.  You go, Girl!!

Hugs, Vicki
488/244/150  Panniculectomy -- 40 lbs off on September 12, 07.  

"Weight loss surgery is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle, and seeing how little you can eat. Portion control is the key to all weight loss operations.  Bottom line-- it isn't how much you can eat -- it is how little you can eat."    ~ Dr. Terry Simpson 

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views