Grateful Post..

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 9/19/07 11:19 pm - Houston, TX

Good morning..  Today I am grateful.. For cool coworkers that I get along with. For Kelley thank you for being my rock..  For the eye-opening weekend I just had..  That I will be going to the Dinner tonight..  That I am adjusting to not let what other people think about me control my life..

That I have friends who love me and allow me to love them..

Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/20/07 2:05 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
today I am grateful.. for Dan.. cuz altho we both have issues to work out.. and argue.. he's wonderful enough to keep trying to talk things out.. and then says he's sorry (even if he doesn't have anything to be sorry for).  Which allows me to say I'm sorry.. I need to work on my PRIDE.. I hate swallowing it sometimes.  This is most certainly a short-coming of MINE..  and I will ask my Higher Power to remove it. for our cell phones.. cuz it allows us to keep in touch when he's on the road driving for work. for Thursday... I'm getting tired and it allows me to look forward to the up and coming weekend. for my ALANON BOOK *Courage to Change* I read today's 09/20/07 reading and it says... "Trying to follow a suggestion I heard in Al-Anon meetings, I dutifully wrote lists of things for which I was grateful.  I listed such things as my health, my job and food on my table.  When I was finished, I didn't feel very grateful; my mind was still weighted down with the negative thinking that had resulted from living with alcoholism.  But I made a gesture, and the seed of gratitude was planted. I gradually learned to appreciate the small accomplishments of my daily life.  Perhaps I was able to avoid a pointless arguement by reciting the Serenity Prayer, or my sharing helped a newcomer, or I finished something I had been neglecting.  I was beginning to change.  I made a point of recognizing small changes, and my self-esteem grew.  The daily application of Al-Anon principles helped me to deepen my sense of gratitude and replace those nagging, negative thoughts.  Eventually I was able to go back to my original list and be truly grateful for those things I had taken for granted. Today's Reminder  I need to nurture myself with gratitude.  Today I can practice appreciating myself, my world, and my Higher Power. .."I would lie in bed at night and say the alphabet, counting all the things I had to be grateful for, starting with the letter A...  This made a great change in my life."          As We Understood... BOY.. Doesn't that tie into EVERYTHING going on today Co-incidence.. I think NOT. Hugs with much LOVE, Rhonda
Curious G.
on 9/20/07 5:54 am - Peachtree City, GA
Knowing where my oldest son is and that he is safe and sober. The very PATIENT man the universe sent to me, who adores me in spite of my nuttiness (or because of it lol) My job who has been very understanding about my family obligations My parents who are always there for me My other two kids who keep me grounded and on the beam My AA group and sponsor who provide me with so much emotional support when I get buggy My two best girlfriends who never ever give up on me My resilience, optimism and fortitude - God did give me some good things to balance ou those defects All of YOU!  :) love and light, Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views