Doing Better

Patricia R.
on 9/14/07 1:12 pm - Perry, MI
I have been to three AA meetings in a row since my pitiful post earlier this week.  I also saw my therapist this morning.  The AA meetings have helped me connect with people I care about, especially my sponsor. My therapy session this morning dealt with my grieving my brother and my anxiety about losing more loved ones.  I also dealt with my lack of motivation to stop sleeping with my booty call friend.  We discussed that my core identity is an abused sexually acting out teenager, and no matter how much I want to dress up and act like a social worker/teacher professional, I am deep down inside a sexually acting out teenager. So, I am really thinking through all of that, and trying to sift it through my beliefs as a Christian who believes the Bible says I am of great value and that with God's Son in my life, my identity is changed into a child of God.   I appreciate that I can come here and rant and fall apart and still be loved and accepted.  There is a guy at my morning meeting who shares some pretty weird stuff, but everyone relates to it, because he is just a crazy alcoholic, and I know that I am one too.  No matter our education, race, religion, geographic location, family background, or careers, we relate in one way or another to each other because we abused our bodies with alcohol, and food, and now are seeking healing through some support here, and outside support. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/14/07 9:25 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
glad you are doing betteryou have a good weekend too hugssss, Rhonda
Curious G.
on 9/16/07 7:41 pm - Peachtree City, GA
**big hug** Isn't it wonderful to know the squirrel infestations are temporary! Love you, Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views